Author Topic: Pentagon now say 46 troops injured in Iraq and Syria attacks, double previous announced  (Read 259 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon now say 46 troops injured in Iraq and Syria attacks, double previous announced
Officials now say that 45 troops were wounded in a series of mid-October attacks against Al Asad Air Base in Iraq and the Al Tanf garrison in Syria.

BY JEFF SCHOGOL | PUBLISHED NOV 6, 2023 2:49 PM EST

The Pentagon now says 46 US troops have been injured in attacks on bases in Iraq and Syria in the last month, most in a 2-day spain in mid-October. Photo by Spc. Roland Hale.

The number of U.S. troops in Iraq and Syria who have been injured by attacks from Iranian-backed groups now stands at 46, more than double the U.S. military’s last figure of wounded service members, according to the Pentagon.

“This is information that we’re literally getting towards the later half of this last week/ weekend,” said Air Force Gen. Pat Ryder, a Pentagon spokesman. “I can assure there is no attempt to try to delay that reporting, but we also have a responsibility to make sure that what we’re providing to you is accurate, also recognizing that first information is sometimes not accurate.

Ryder said last month that 21 U.S. troops had been injured in attacks on Oc. 17 and 18 at Al Asad Air Base in Iraq and the Al Tanf garrison in Syria. Nineteen of those troops were later diagnosed with Traumatic Brain Injury, or TBI.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The military has tendency to low ball figures like this at first.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson