Author Topic: The Virginia Election Today Is as Much About Donald Trump as Anything Else.. Derek Hunter  (Read 324 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Virginia Election Today Is as Much About Donald Trump as Anything Else
Derek Hunter
5–6 minutes

This is it, Election Day in Virginia. If you don’t live there, I can understand why your eyes would gloss over and you’d move on without reading more. Then again, you clicked on this headline, so you’re at least interested in the topic, so keep reading. Because the election in Virginia isn’t just about Virginia, it’s like looking through a wormhole into the future, as the campaigns run, at least by Democrats, are pretty much what the Democrats will be running from Joe Biden on down.

I live in Maryland, but very close to the Virginia border. That means I’m “treated” to campaign ads from both states (and the District of Columbia, but the only real contest in those elections is in the Democrat primary). While Maryland isn’t in the midst of an election cycle at the moment, Virginia has off-year elections for their legislature. Every seat is up for grabs in the states House and Senate.

Republicans control the House, Democrats have the Senate. If Republican Governor Glenn Youngkin can flip the Senate and hold the House, he will be able to get much, maybe most, of his agenda through and his stock in the veepstakes increases exponentially. If Democrats hold or gain, Youngkin’s remaining tenure (Virginia limits governors to one term, which is kind of stupid because there’s little accountability to voters) will be essentially pointless.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2023/11/07/the-virginia-election-today-is-as-much-about-donald-trump-as-anything-else-n2630839
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.