Author Topic: Election Day in America: Kentucky, Mississippi, Virginia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio to Vote, Se  (Read 11458 times)

Offline LMAO

I believe that the 2024 election is already decided

It doesn’t matter who the GOP nominates. That person will be labeled as a MAGA by the Democrats and their media allies. While reading different new sources, I already see that strategy taking place. They’re even suggesting Chris Christie is MAGA

Plus, you have a divided GOP. With people unhappy about their choices for next year, a third-party candidate may do better than expected.

Republican candidates are going to have a difficult task ahead of them in the foreseeable future. Even if they try to distance themselves from Donald Trump, the Democrats will still label them as.MAGA
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 05:45:02 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Right_in_Virginia

GOP flips New York seat held by Democrats for 20 years: 'Political earthquake'

Republicans on Long Island, New York, scored a historic victory on Tuesday night, solidifying gains they have made in the area and providing a small bright spot in an otherwise disappointing night nationwide.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-flips-new-york-seat-held-democrats-20-years-political-earthquake

@libertybele

occasional tourist
@ocasionalturist

Abortion is enshrined in the NY constitution so not an issue.  Focus therefore has to be on all the other issues - which republicans can win on. Food for thought?

5:37 PM · Nov 8, 2023

Offline ScottinVA

I believe that the 2024 election is already decided

It doesn’t matter who the GOP nominates. That person will be labeled as a MAGA by the Democrats and their media allies. While reading different new sources, I already see that strategy taking place. They’re even suggesting Chris Christie is MAGA

Plus, you have a divided GOP. With people unhappy about their choices for next year, a third-party candidate may do better than expected.

Republican candidates are going to have a difficult task ahead of them in the foreseeable future. Even if they try to distance themselves from Donald Trump, the Democrats will still label them as.MAGA

As for what happened in 2022 and on Tuesday, I’m not sure Trump was as much a factor as the abortion issue.  The GOP is going to have to reconcile with the fact abortion is very highly popular in this country and they’re going to have to at flex somewhat on it.  The Gen Z types now flooding the electorate are the most secular and atheistic generation ever, and they don’t give two sh*ts about morality statements on abortion.  So to keep them at bay, the GOP, in this post-Roe V Wade era, is going to have to find some way to lower the temperature on this issue if it has hopes of winning statewide elections outside of deep-red states.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 10:09:27 am by ScottinVA »

Offline LMAO

As for what happened in 2022 and on Tuesday, I’m not sure Trump was as much a factor as the abortion issue.  The GOP is going to have to reconcile with the fact abortion is very highly popular in this country and they’re going to have to at flex somewhat on it.  The Gen Z types now flooding the electorate are the most secular and atheistic generation ever, and they don’t give two sh*ts about morality statements on abortion.  So to keep them at bay, the GOP, in this post-Roe V Wade era, is going to have to find some way to lower the temperature on this issue if it has hopes of winning statewide elections outside of deep-red states.

Democrats are going to put the abortion issue on state ballot initiatives in 2024. Throw Donald Trump as the nominee on top of that and dreams couldn’t come more true for the DNC

Planned Parenthood spent roughly 50 million dollars in the 2022 midterms. They had that money to spend because they do very fine work and a certain former president felt they should be funded
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 12:58:45 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Democrats are going to put the abortion issue on state ballot initiatives in 2024. Throw Donald Trump as the nominee on top of that and dreams couldn’t come more true for the DNC

Planned Parenthood spent roughly 50 million dollars in the 2022 midterms. They had that money to spend because they do very fine work and a certain former president felt they should be funded

Gee, could you remind me of which former President it was that decided to fund Planned Parenthood?  I assume it was Obama because there's no way any Republican president would ever do that....

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Election problems persist ... this time in Kentucky, Mississippi, Pennsylvania and Texas

Despite the lower turnout in the off-year election, precincts in various counties still faced problems with voting machines, ballot shortages and faulty scanners.

By Natalia Mittelstadt

Published: November 8, 2023 11:00pm

Updated: November 9, 2023 7:48am

Voters in counties nationwide ran into a handful of different issues at polling locations during Election Day on Tuesday, from voting machines flipping votes in a Pennsylvania county to electronic poll books malfunctioning in Louisville, Kentucky.

Several states had statewide, local, and/or municipal elections on Tuesday, including Kentucky, Mississippi, Pennsylvania, and Texas. The first two states had gubernatorial elections, while the last two had local and statewide ballot questions or judicial races.

Because these were off-year elections, turnout was lower than either midterm or presidential elections, as local news outlets reported. During the larger turnout in both the 2020 presidential and 2022 midterm elections, counties in various states experienced numerous irregularities that led to a plethora of lawsuits.

Now, just a year out from the 2024 presidential general election and only months away from state primary elections, several jurisdictions still have problems running polling locations smoothly.

more
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/election-issues-continue-problems-polls-kentucky-mississippi-pennsylvania
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Voters in counties nationwide ran into a handful of different issues at polling locations during Election Day on Tuesday, from voting machines flipping votes in a Pennsylvania county to electronic poll books malfunctioning in Louisville, Kentucky.
Pennsylvania's voting machines have been corrupted for as long as I can remember (meaning, decades).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Don't just leave it to the states, leave it to referendums.

Offline cato potatoe

Yes and he's likely to endorse loser Kari Lake for senate, in spite of a golden opportunity with democrats split between Gallego and Sinema. 
Other pickup opportunities exist in Wisconsin, Montana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Nevada, and Michigan, but you know good & well that he will select the brown-nosers, and leave them high and dry for the general election.

Offline Hoodat

Take note here.  Ten percent of the taxpayer money given to Planned Parenthood this year alone went directly into Democrat Party ad-buys.  THIS is why defunding Planned Parenthood matters.  This is why balancing the budget matters.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

Yes I think so.  I view winning as the gaining of political influence via the peaceful transition of power, followed by meaningful policy changes.  "Winning" to you is more an abstract concept ... sort of like Charlie Sheen, by way of tiger blood.  I struggle with this because your "wins" are tougher to identify using traditional metrics.

Perhaps we should refer to them going forward as the Charlie Sheen wing GOP

How you measure winning is the same way I, and I’m pretty safe in assuming, everybody else does

But not the MAGAs. Owning the libs is winning to them. All while making sure that liberal pet spending projects are well funded

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

Take note here.  Ten percent of the taxpayer money given to Planned Parenthood this year alone went directly into Democrat Party ad-buys.  THIS is why defunding Planned Parenthood matters.  This is why balancing the budget matters.

Many of us warned that this Covid money was going to not only going to contribute to inflation, but when it became clear that left wing groups were using it in their ballot harvesting efforts, it would come back to haunt us

So what did Donald Trump do in response? Fight congressional Republicans that wanted a smaller Covid package and sided with Democrats to make it bigger. And that’s called winning to them.

Being a MAGA means closing your eyes, plugging your ears, and going “la la la la la la la”

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

Gee, could you remind me of which former President it was that decided to fund Planned Parenthood? 

Well, he’s orange, rich, rude and we are all jealous of his wealth

Oh, and he not only made sure PP was well funded but also sided with Congressional Democrats over the GOP to make sure their left wing groups had plenty of COVID money for ballot harvesting

Barry Goldwater

Online Right_in_Virginia

Pennsylvania's voting machines have been corrupted for as long as I can remember (meaning, decades).

So, it's okay?

Online mountaineer

So, it's okay?
Is that what you think I said?  PA is a Democrat state. It's corrupt and the elections are not honest. That has been true for 50 years or more.
So, no, it's not okay.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Is that what you think I said?  PA is a Democrat state. It's corrupt and the elections are not honest. That has been true for 50 years or more.
So, no, it's not okay.

If I recall correctly, didn’t 110% of voters in Pittsburgh for John Kerry in 2004?

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Well, he’s orange, rich, rude and we are all jealous of his wealth

Oh, and he not only made sure PP was well funded but also sided with Congressional Democrats over the GOP to make sure their left wing groups had plenty of COVID money for ballot harvesting

But that's because some people might have been mad at him if he didn't.   Which obviously makes it okay.

Offline LMAO

But that's because some people might have been mad at him if he didn't.   Which obviously makes it okay.

If it was any other Republican president, how would Trump supporters react knowing that that president made sure the Democrats political coffers were well funded with taxpayer money?

Barry Goldwater

Offline corbe

Mainly his top Domestic Advisor~Daughter Ivanka.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

Who suddenly and strangely doesn't understand ECON 101 basic accounting princples.   :silly:

Tump claims his kids are business surrogates.......   Ouch.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 03:00:08 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

Mainly his top Domestic Advisor~Registered Democrat Ivanka.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Mainly his top Domestic Advisor~Registered Democrat Ivanka.

Mainly his gorgeous, drop-dead beautiful daughter Ivanka.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

Mainly his gorgeous, drop-dead beautiful daughter Ivanka.

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :patriot: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ***agree ***agree

Barry Goldwater

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :patriot: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ***agree ***agree

Tulsi Gabbard also has that level of mesmerizing beauty, but we need to make sure we don't base our political acumen on hormones.   :cool:

From Marc Antony to Edward VIII........  Historical geopolitical moves were made based on a wink and a wiggle.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.