Author Topic: Election Day in America: Kentucky, Mississippi, Virginia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio to Vote, Se  (Read 11374 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Joe Biden, Democrats Rejoice Ohio Voters Blocked Bans on Abortion
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/11/07/joe-biden-democrats-rejoice-ohio-voters-blocked-bans-on-abortion/

@mystery-ak

Am I correct in ASSUMING  that abortions are still legal if necessary to save the life of the mother?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Strange

Mandela Barnes out raised and outspent Ron Johnson here in Wi in 2022 yet still lost. Ron Johnson, however, didn’t seek Trump’s endorsement and separated his campaign from Donald Trump

https://www.wpr.org/listen/2019296

Democratic Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes outraised Republican U.S. Senator Ron Johnson by nearly $8 million as of Sept. 30, according to their most recent federal campaign finance reports. Barnes' campaign also outspent Johnson's by nearly two-to-one during the period.

And Stacey Abrams, who Donald Trump endorsed over Brian Kemp for Georgia governor, outraised Brian Kemp and lost

So let’s see. Ron Johnson is beat by Barnes in the fundraising department but doesn’t seek Trump’s endorsement and wins, regardless

Stacey Abrams outraises  Brian Kemp, and she gets Trump’s endorsement and loses

Yeah, there’s a pattern. And the list you posted made my point. Most, if not all, those candidates on that list you posted were endorsed by  Trump…and lost

So thank you for confirming what I’ve been saying. And, just an fyi, Hillary outraised and outspent Trump in 2016 and lost

@LMAO

So,your dogma states that even if the majority is wrong,you MUST vote with them BECAUSE they are the majority?

Good thinking,bubba!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I can handle the truth. Can you?

The problem here is that we have had generations brainwashed with the pap that an unborn child is "just a lump of cells".  Well, aren't we all?

We have reached the point where a majority of voters in many jurisdictions, if not the whole country, think that for any other reason than the physical life of the mother, it is okay to kill a baby (period!), and for some there are no limits as long as it has not been born. Others would even embrace infanticide.

What an affront to God, Himself! To destroy the most helpless, undeniably innocent, once treasured lives for the cause of prurient pleasure and convenience. No wonder the country is going in the shitter. What God, knowing us even as we were formed in that womb, would not turn away from a people who violate that same space to murder?

Nothing is sacred if not life itself.

@Smokin Joe

Everything you write is true, sir!

Until you hand your political opposition 50% or more of the Electorate by painting yourself as an extremist, dangerous prude.

THAT'S what happened Tuesday night.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 12:46:09 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

So,your dogma states that even if the majority is wrong,you MUST vote with them BECAUSE they are the majority?

Good thinking,bubba!

Huh???
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

Seriously?  According to a NBC poll  -- Gee I wonder which way that poll is slanted?

Slanted? Perhaps

But the GOP has been on a losing streak since Trump. That cannot be denied or ignored
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
then how do we get rid of it so that women start having kids again? So I can be a father?

This is the failure of democracy.

@jmyrlefuller

That HAS to be one of the most confused posts I have ever seen.

The election is NOT about  "you" and  your sex life,bubba.

No wonder  you can't get laid.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The election is NOT about  "you" and  your sex life,bubba.

No wonder  you can't get laid.
Nobody gives a shit. That's the problem. I've cried for help how many times, and our society just keeps freaking out and running away, just like the girls.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No, conservatism is NOT the problem.

@libertybele

The "problem" is the way  conservatism is  portrayed. Too many people seem to think it represents a right-wing  police state,and think that stamping out individual  rights an excellent idea because they want EVERYBODY  to wear red and march  in a  straight line  to be considered a conservative.

Providing of course that it is the individual observers "straight line",and not necessarily mine,yours,or even your neighbors.

The Founding Fathers would probably be shocked at what is passing as "conservative thought" these days.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is correct. Fiscal conservativsm wins. Social conservatism loses.
[/quote

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Yes sum kinda commie radical,boy????????

Ahma gonna  give yore name to  da RNC!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

Everything you write is true, sir!

Until you hand your political opposition 50% or more of the Electorate by painting yourself as an extremist, dangerous prude.

THAT'S what happened Tuesday night.
No one has to paint themselves as such. Not a dime need be spent, there.

The selfsame media and schools who have indoctrinated children to believe it is open season on what are just much younger children will do it for you. Now those children are old enough to vote. (just not 'old' enough to keep from getting knocked up)

Once the Rubicon of deciding that infanticide is okay has been crossed, then safety is only a number. Post-birth 24 seconds could be 24 hours, months, even 24 years, with the stroke of a pen.

Not unlike Logan's Run! (seemed okay when they were 17 and just watching the Carousel. How prudish, at 34, to want to avoid going there.)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 01:11:54 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
:amen:

@Maj. Bill Martin

Blah,blah,blah.

The RNC is in trouble primarily because of all the illegal aliens the DNC has imported into America and you  can bet your ass they will be registered to vote.

Not to say the RNC is perfect in every way,of course. They  give in too easily to what the Dims want,and never seem to demand the Dims support any of THEIR bills. Seems like they "just wanna get along",when they SHOULD be the opposition to leftism.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Are you unaware that Israel has among the most liberal abortion policies on the planet?

@Right_in_Virginia

I am not who  you  addressed,but I sure didn't know  that.

Not surprised,now that I think  about  it,though.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@corbe

The irony here is that is probably  true.

The Denizens of 5th Ave in NYC are NOT that popular outside of NYC.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
@Maj. Bill Martin

Blah,blah,blah.

The RNC is in trouble primarily because of all the illegal aliens the DNC has imported into America and you  can bet your ass they will be registered to vote.

Not to say the RNC is perfect in every way,of course. They  give in too easily to what the Dims want,and never seem to demand the Dims support any of THEIR bills. Seems like they "just wanna get along",when they SHOULD be the opposition to leftism.

No doubt @sneakypete
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nobody gives a shit. That's the problem. I've cried for help how many times, and our society just keeps freaking out and running away, just like the girls.

@jmyrlefuller

Jimmy,there are just some things you MUST do for yourself,and finding a mate is right up there at the top  of the list.

Yeah,it CAN be tough to find someone suitable that thinks that you are also suitable,but real life is sometimes a lot like baseball,ya gotta get up to bat before you  can score any home runs,and not  every "at bat" is going to be a winner for you,me,or ANYBODY else.

Life and love both require you  to get out there and take your lumps,shake them off,and then  put thyself into the "batting box" again.

Sure,you ARE going to get turned down a LOT of times.

Guess what. So is everybody else that is not a rock star or multi-millionaire,and the truth is they probably  have to take their lumps,too.

The "game" of romance is not for the weak of heart because you WILL get smacked down more often than not.

No,it is not "fair",but neither is anything else in life. It only SEEMS to  be fair when  you  finally hit that "home run" you have been dreaming about. THEN it will all seem to have just fallen into place.

That's just the way that life is for us all.

BTW,this applies to women,too.

BTW-2,all this advise is worth every dollar you paid for it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 01:34:42 am by sneakypete »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Many of the same people who complain about the Republican Party, call it part of the Uniparty, and swear it is never going to get a dime from them, nevertheless are upset that more money wasn't sped to support Republican candidates and causes.

Well, that's one of the consequences of continually bad-mouthing the GOP as a party.  Those who have done that - including Donald Trump himself - apparently have convinced a great many others not to donate money to Republicans.

And we just saw the results of that strategy last night.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Many of the same people who complain about the Republican Party, call it part of the Uniparty, and swear it is never going to get a dime from them, nevertheless are upset that more money wasn't sped to support Republican candidates and causes.

Well, that's one of the consequences of continually bad-mouthing the GOP as a party.  Those who have done that - including Donald Trump himself - apparently have convinced a great many others not to donate money to Republicans.

And we just saw the results of that strategy last night.

It's not the lack of money on the GOP side.  It is the massive amount of money on the Democrat side that originates from the US Treasury.  If the Dems are able to siphon off only 0.01% of the Inflation Reduction Act and the Infrastructure bill, that gives them $200 million for the election.  But we know from Biden that they are much more efficient than that when it comes to graft.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Carville: Voters Don’t Trust Republicans on Abortion — ‘They Keep Lying’

Democratic consultant and political commentator James Carville said Wednesday on MSNBC’s “The Beat” that he believed Tuesday’s election results showed voters don’t trust Republicans on the issue of abortion because “they keep lying.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/11/08/carville-voters-dont-trust-republicans-on-abortion-they-keep-lying/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
GOP flips New York seat held by Democrats for 20 years: 'Political earthquake'

Republicans on Long Island, New York, scored a historic victory on Tuesday night, solidifying gains they have made in the area and providing a small bright spot in an otherwise disappointing night nationwide.

Republican Ed Romaine defeated Democrat Dave Calone on Tuesday to become the first Republican to win the Suffolk County executive position in 20 years.

Romaine won with 56% of the vote by a margin of 26,000 votes, The Associated Press projected.

Romaine’s victory gives Republicans commanding control on the eastern part of Long Island, where the GOP occupies all the countywide seats in Nassau and Suffolk counties as well as all four congressional seats.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-flips-new-york-seat-held-democrats-20-years-political-earthquake
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LMAO

So....

Who here doubts that the issue of abortion and Trump won't be used to effect in 2024?

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
RinVa wrote (in reply to another poster):
"Have you considered the surrogacy route?"

That's the first thing that came to my mind, as well.
Might become "the only option left"...

@jmyrlefuller how about adoption???  What about joining Big Brothers?? Lots of kids out there who are in need of a parent or role model and lots of love.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
@jmyrlefuller how about adoption???  What about joining Big Brothers?? Lots of kids out there who are in need of a parent or role model and lots of love.
That's a discussion for another thread, but the short version is 1) I can—and, to an extent, already do—fulfill that role among the kids in my extended family. As far as formal adoption, I don't make enough income to do that, and with as few children in need of it as there are compared to prospective couples, I likely stand no chance.

I'm talking about a biological child, something that continues my bloodline after I eventually die. I've already given up on ever having a wife and traditional nuclear family. But being deprived of reproduction, a fundamental life process... that takes away my reason to exist as a living creature.

As for what that has to do with the national zeitgeist (or vice versa), if America's women of childbearing age are so overwhelmingly driving this push to kill their own young in the womb, if so many have decided they're just too poor to have children (even though my family grew up poor and weren't deterred), where does that leave me and others like me? A Darwinian dead-end.

I once looked into sperm donation, which I had thought for a time would be a last resort option. But even that led me nowhere. Even though as a physical specimen I would be an ideal donor (robust health and no real physical disorders to speak of), I'm concerned my neurotype and possibly my age would be used against me to get rejected again. Nor am I even sure where to go to pursue that option.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 02:27:35 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DB

That's a discussion for another thread, but the short version is 1) I can—and, to an extent, already do—fulfill that role among the kids in my extended family. As far as formal adoption, I don't make enough income to do that, and with as few children in need of it as there are compared to prospective couples, I likely stand no chance.

I'm talking about a biological child, something that continues my bloodline after I eventually die. I've already given up on ever having a wife and traditional nuclear family. But being deprived of reproduction, a fundamental life process... that takes away my reason to exist as a living creature.

As for what that has to do with the national zeitgeist (or vice versa), if America's women of childbearing age are so overwhelmingly driving this push to kill their own young in the womb, if so many have decided they're just too poor to have children (even though my family grew up poor and weren't deterred), where does that leave me and others like me? A Darwinian dead-end.

I once looked into sperm donation, which I had thought for a time would be a last resort option. But even that led me nowhere. Even though as a physical specimen I would be an ideal donor (robust health and no real physical disorders to speak of), I'm concerned my neurotype and possibly my age would be used against me to get rejected again. Nor am I even sure where to go to pursue that option.

It is nowhere near "over" for you. The one constant in the universe is things change. Out of the blue...

Offline Right_in_Virginia