Author Topic: McCarthy ally will no longer head leadership committee under Johnson's speakership  (Read 649 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCarthy ally will no longer head leadership committee under Johnson's speakership
by Reese Gorman, Congressional Reporter
November 06, 2023 04:13 PM

Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) will run the House Elected Leadership Committee and will eliminate the chairmanship role, the Washington Examiner learned Monday.

The shake-up is the latest example of Johnson making leadership moves in his two weeks on the job, succeeding Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), who was ousted on Oct. 3 by a small group of GOP rebels.

Under McCarthy, the Elected Leadership Committee was led by Rep. Garret Graves (R-LA), who was not in elected leadership. However, Graves, a staunch ally of McCarthy, was tasked with leading the meetings and acted as the point man for the former speaker.

But now, under Johnson, that position will cease to exist, and the Elected Leadership Committee meetings will be run by the speaker, according to a source with direct knowledge of the plan.

Prior to this Congress, the role of head of the Elected Leadership Committee, an ad-hoc position, had not been filled in more than a decade. Before McCarthy appointed Graves, the last person to hold the position was then-Rep. Greg Walden, who was appointed by then-Speaker John Boehner.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/graves-will-no-longer-run-elected-leadership-committee-
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Interesting. Johnson obviously is no fool.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

House cleaning of those connected to the deep state fund raising arm.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online DefiantMassRINO

To paraphrase Sethi from the "Ten Commandments":

Let the name of McCarthy be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every monument of the House of Representatives. Let the name of MCarthy be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of men for all time.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
"Prior to this Congress, the role of head of the Elected Leadership Committee, an ad-hoc position, had not been filled in more than a decade."

Seems like a rather nothing job.