Author Topic: San Diego border sector struggles to keep up with record-setting migrant surge  (Read 274 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

I want to thank Mayor Bill Wells,
New York Post
San Diego border sector struggles to keep up with record-setting migrant surge
The San Diego border is facing a record-setting surge of migrants, prompting US border officials to establish a new outpost in the city to help accommodate the massive number of migrants caught crossing the border, according to reports.

More than 230,000 people were apprehended crossing the US-Mexico border in the San Diego Sector — which stretches 60 miles from the Pacific Ocean to around the town of Jacumba Hot Springs — marking a 20-year high for the area, according to Customs and Border Protection (CBP) numbers.

To help deal with the increase, CBP established an auxiliary staging hub to help organize transport for migrants and make sure they are sent to cities where their sponsor families live, according to Fox 5.

Many of the migrants there were hoping to head to the East Coast, while some said they were going to try their luck in Los Angeles first.

Near Jacumba, The Post saw about 300 migrants gathered around campfires on the American side of the border fence Monday night. By Tuesday morning, their numbers had swelled to over 350.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/san-diego-border-sector-struggles-to-keep-up-with-record-setting-migrant-surge-over-230k-this-year/ar-AA1jyRJY?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=386b8df92dd643899fd96f21745e446b&ei=24
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson