Author Topic: How US can get and stay ahead of adversaries on intelligence data  (Read 255 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How US can get and stay ahead of adversaries on intelligence data
By Chris Bown
 Thursday, Nov 2

At the CIA, the Directorate of Digital Innovation is recruiting cyber operations officers who can gather intelligence data from adversarial systems using advanced tools, techniques and tradecraft. The agency is also partnering with cloud computing and infrastructure platform providers – including Amazon, Google, Oracle, Microsoft and IBM – to boost its artificial intelligence initiatives.

The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) depends upon the AI-powered Source Maritime Automated Processing System (SMAPS) to structure unstructured data from ships so analysts can more rapidly and accurately interpret information about potential hazards at sea.

Across the board within the Intelligence Community (IC), agencies deploy AI, machine learning and additional tools to monitor for threatening activity on social media, track human activity and better process and translate speech-to-text taken from conversations in more than 90 different languages, among other needs.

These and additional developments illustrate how data is playing an increasingly critical role in IC operations and mission support – with complex analytics now as ingrained into the culture as clandestine meetings. To counter our adversaries’ use of these tools, leadership is looking to enhance and standardize its approaches: The IC Data Strategy 2023-2025 establishes a path for agencies to leverage data so they can “operate, collaborate and communicate securely and at the speed of mission” while respecting both laws and values.

https://www.c4isrnet.com/opinion/2023/11/02/how-us-can-get-and-stay-ahead-of-adversaries-on-intelligence-data/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson