Author Topic: Another New B-21 Photo Shows Mysterious Vertical Features  (Read 279 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Another New B-21 Photo Shows Mysterious Vertical Features
« on: November 05, 2023, 03:09:07 pm »
Another New B-21 Photo Shows Mysterious Vertical Features
Nov. 2, 2023 | By John A. Tirpak
New tail-end images of the first B-21 bomber undergoing engine runs and taxi tests outside

Northrop Grumman’s facilities in Palmdale, Calif. show vertical features that have industry experts scratching their heads regarding some prominent elements.

The new photo, posted on Reddit by user Folding_White Table, shows two vertical features rising from the B-21’s upper midsection.

The two vertical armatures rise from just above the wing root of the blended wing body on both the port and starboard side, just above where the engine core or cores are likely placed. It’s unclear from the photo whether they are symmetrically positioned on the aircraft.

Based on previous photos, the vertical features are retractable.

At least one of the armatures was visible in an earlier, first view of the B-21’s aft deck, which circulated online in October. However, the angle of that photo made it hard to determine whether it was part of the aircraft or a background object.

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/new-b-21-photo-mysterious-features/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson