Author Topic: Army’s JLTV and ISV could soon be equipped with armor busting missile  (Read 258 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army’s JLTV and ISV could soon be equipped with armor busting missile
The service is looking for a “readily available” weapon for its smaller, lighter vehicles, that can hit targets at least 25 kilometers away.
By   ASHLEY ROQUE
on November 02, 2023 at 10:58 AM

WASHINGTON — The US Army is on the hunt for an already-in-production armor busting missile that it can quickly field to infantry soldiers on the move in smaller, lighter vehicles, according to a new notice.

Service officials unveiled the new Mobile-Long Range Precision Strike Missile (M-LRPSM) directed requirement in a request for information published on Wednesday, noting it needs industry to propose “readily available” weapons that can “bridge a current gap/operational requirement.”

More specifically, they want to provide the missile to Infantry Brigade Combat Teams for soldiers to use from their Joint Light Tactical Vehicles (JLTVs) or Infantry Squad Vehicles (ISVs). The missile needs to be able to hit armored vehicles, field fortifications and urban structures at least 25 kilometers away, and have the ability to “adjust missile flight, retarget, and abort.”

“[The missile] should be survivable and resilient in denied, degraded, intermittent, and limited-bandwidth (DDIL) environments, enabling the system to operate and protect itself against attacks on embedded network, cyberspace, electromagnetic spectrum (EMS), and position, navigation, and timing (PNT) capabilities,” the Army wrote.

https://breakingdefense.com/2023/11/armys-jltv-and-isv-could-soon-be-equipped-with-armor-busting-missile/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson