Author Topic: The DoD’s Critical Infrastructure Is Dangerously Insecure  (Read 231 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The DoD’s Critical Infrastructure Is Dangerously Insecure
« on: November 04, 2023, 05:43:46 pm »
The DoD’s Critical Infrastructure Is Dangerously Insecure
As a nation, we must demand accountability for safeguarding our mission-critical infrastructure and action from our legislators and DoD leaders.

by Alison King Michael McLaughlin

As simmering tensions in East Asia rise to a boil, the recent discovery of a Chinese penetration of the U.S. military’s telecommunication systems in Guam should be setting off alarm bells across the executive branch and in the halls of Congress. Though Chinese penetration of U.S. networks for espionage has been well documented for more than two decades, the targeting of critical infrastructure represents a significant escalation by China and highlights critical vulnerabilities the Department of Defense (DoD) needs to immediately address.

History Strategy GameThough the United States tends to view warfare as a challenge for the military to confront, our enemies have a vastly different outlook.

America’s adversaries are always eager to deny or degrade our military’s ability to mobilize globally and execute national security objectives at scale. The war in Ukraine, saber-rattling in the South China Sea, and a U.S. presidential election on the horizon further exacerbate geopolitical tensions. Lately, they have succeeded by exploiting vulnerabilities in operational technology (OT) devices that control much of our critical infrastructure.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/techland/dod%E2%80%99s-critical-infrastructure-dangerously-insecure-206832
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson