Author Topic: More than 200K African, Asian migrants crossed US southern border during ballooning crisis: data  (Read 276 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
More than 200K African, Asian migrants crossed US southern border during ballooning crisis: data
Story by Isabel Vincent  •
15h

Largest migrant caravan in year heading to US – as leader mocks Biden’s border policies
The crowds of migrants pouring across the U.S. southern border include hundreds of thousands of people from as far away as China, India and Africa, recent federal government statistics show.

Arrests of migrants from countries such as Senegal, Mauritania, China and India entering via Mexico tripled to 214,000 during the fiscal year that ended in September, from 70,000 in the prior fiscal year, according to US Customs and Border Protection data.

In fiscal 2021, there were less than 19,000 migrant “encounters” from Asia and Africa, according to CBP statistics.

Overall, in fiscal 2023, CBP counted nearly 2.48 million encounters at the southern border, up 4% from 2.39 million the previous year.

“The increase in migration from Asia and Africa is remarkable,” said Enrique Lucero, head of the migrant support unit of the Tijuana city government, across from San Diego in an interview with the Wall Street Journal. “These days, we are dealing with 120 nationalities and 60 different languages.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/more-than-200k-african-asian-migrants-crossed-us-southern-border-during-ballooning-crisis-data/ar-AA1jomRq?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=01fbfe97997a4e5d8b82b21658176a03&ei=49
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson