Author Topic: California Senate hopeful Rep. Adam Schiff claimed primary residences in Maryland and California  (Read 559 times)

Offline mountaineer

By Andrew Kaczynski and Em Steck, CNN
Updated 9:50 AM EDT, Thu November 2, 2023

For more than a decade, California Senate hopeful Rep. Adam Schiff has claimed his primary residence is a 3,420 square foot home he owns in Maryland, according to a review of mortgage records.

At the same time, Schiff has for years taken a homeowner’s tax exemption on a much smaller 650 square foot condo he owns in Burbank, California, also claiming that home as his primary residence for a reduction in his tax bill of $7,000. He did not take an exemption on his home in Maryland.

While Schiff has signed documents asserting both the Maryland property and the significantly smaller Burbank condo as his primary residences, tax records indicate that he paid his California property taxes in 2017 with a check featuring his Maryland address – the only year he paid with a personal check. And a review of past comments, pictures shared on his public social media, and records indicate Schiff makes his full-time home in Maryland.  ...

The co-author further explains:

Andy Kaczynski
@KFILE
NEW: California Senate candidate Adam Schiff has lived in Maryland for two decades (claiming it as his primary residence on mortgage documents) - but past years campaign bios have suggested he was raising his family in Burbank. At the same time, Schiff has claimed a small condo in CA as his home to reduce his California tax bill. Schiff's campaign said he has been open he moved his family to MD - citing several mentions over his two decades in Congress.

While Schiff has claimed both homes as his primary residence - and his campaign said his primary residence is CA - records indicate he still primary lives in Maryland.

He paid his California property taxes one recent year w/a personal check featuring his MD address and most family photos on his website/on social media are at MD home.
9:20 AM · Nov 2, 2023

« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 04:04:55 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm sure the IRS will get right on this obvious tax dodge.  Maybe an unannounced visit to one of his 3 homes would be in order.

Oh wait... hes a protected class.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I'm sure the IRS will get right on this obvious tax dodge.  Maybe an unannounced visit to one of his 3 homes would be in order.

Oh wait... hes a protected class.
Oh wait... hes a protected class ASS.(works on at least two levels, if you consider his...proclivities :whistle:)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 05:18:24 pm by GtHawk »

Offline mountaineer

Kind of surprising that this was reported by the DNC's mouthpiece CNN.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Kind of surprising that this was reported by the DNC's mouthpiece CNN.  :shrug:
Obviously Schiftless is not the preferred Senate candidate, not black, female, lesbian, communist.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California Rep. Adam Schiff claimed Maryland home as primary residence
© Provided by Washington Examiner

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA), who is currently in a heated primary fight for a California Senate seat, has claimed his primary residence was in Maryland for more than a decade.

According to mortgage records reviewed by CNN, at the same time, he claimed the 3,420 square foot home in Maryland as his primary residence; he also claimed a 650 square foot condo he owns in Burbank, California, as his primary residence, according to CNN.

On his California residence, he received a $7,000 reduction off the 1% property tax, amounting to roughly $70 in annual savings, but he did not take an exemption on his Maryland residence.

Schiff designated his Maryland home as his primary residence in 2003, according to CNN. And in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012, he refinanced the mortgage and indicated it was his primary residence.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/california-rep-adam-schiff-claimed-maryland-home-as-primary-residence/ar-AA1jnSVz?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=01fbfe97997a4e5d8b82b21658176a03&ei=35
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod2

Threads merged

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Obviously Schiftless is not the preferred Senate candidate, not black, female, lesbian, communist.

The communist jury is still out.

Offline Hoodat

Yet another Democrat not paying his fair share.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-