Author Topic: Fine Dining in London is Now a Climate Guilt Experience?  (Read 228 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fine Dining in London is Now a Climate Guilt Experience?
« on: November 04, 2023, 12:10:05 pm »
Fine Dining in London is Now a Climate Guilt Experience?
7 hours ago Eric Worrall 23 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

h/t CTM – “Nudge theory”: Ruthless application of advanced behavioural science psychological manipulation upon unsuspecting diners.

Carbon Footprint And Fine Dining In London: Nudged To Fight Climate Change

Tilak Doshi
Contributor

On Friday, the “Money Reporter” of The Telegraph, Noah Eastwood wrote about London’s diners being hit by a “climate footprint charge” on restaurant bills. …

Carbon Friendly Dining’s website says the charge “helps counterbalance the environmental impact” of diners’ meals and “also help some of the poorest communities on the planet”. …

The most interesting part of this voluntary scheme between restaurants and their patrons is that “diners can ask for the new donation on their bill to be removed.” And that is the nudge: you must ask to opt out (explicitly), not agree to opt in (implicitly). The ingeniousness of the “opt out” requirement is that it puts the onus of action on the paying customer. …

See where this is going?

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/11/03/fine-dining-in-london-is-now-a-climate-guilt-experience/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson