Author Topic: DeSantis hits Trump below the belt. Will this new strategy work?  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: DeSantis hits Trump below the belt. Will this new strategy work?
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2023, 03:40:04 am »
Who the hell wants coalitions with the Uniparty ----  other than you, of course?

Thanks for proving my point.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2023, 04:30:20 am »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2023, 01:16:37 pm »
This is the way the MAGA crowd wants our politics to look from here on forward.  They think its funny.

I don't, and I'll be quite happy to see the MAGA movement on the ashheap of history in a few years.

Yup

And, over time, at the rate the voters have rejected the MAGA movement, except for a few safe pockets, their demise will come sooner than later
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2023, 01:23:36 pm »

Trump's ego would love to see the GOP fall apart without him, because that would just prove how important he was.

That explains his attacks on DeSantis before Election Day 2022 and his endorsement of Abrams over Kemp in Georgia
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2023, 01:25:20 pm »
It'll be over when Trump dies. It's a cult of personality, like Huey Long.

Except the cult like devotion remains. And I thought Obama sycophants were bad.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 01:33:32 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2023, 01:37:20 pm »

The FACT that Trump has the panties of the entire establishment all wound up in a knot is all the reason *I* need to continue to support him.

But that’s the only thing he’s done. The good things he did, like energy and the border, are gone. The bad, like inflation, debt, and tariffs, are still here affecting us today. And, he’s promising the double down on inflationary spending, tariffs, and he said he would pressure the federal reserve to bring interest rates down again.

I’ve made the decision to bypass Donald Trump and give another republican candidate a shot and see what they can do about all of this

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2023, 02:09:29 pm »
Thanks for proving my point.

Lol

The more they post, the more they give themselves away that they simply seek “their” dictator

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2023, 02:10:17 pm »
But that’s the only thing he’s done.

The hard left/Palestinian Hamas axis also has "the panties of the entire establishment all wound up in a knot.". Does that make them worthy of support?

Actual Nazis also would have "entire establishment" upset.  Would that make them worthy of support?  And if course, that was true of bin Laden as well.

Supporting someone just because they upset people you don't like is narrow-minded, shallow thinking.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2023, 02:18:38 pm »
Lol

The more they post, the more they give themselves away that they simply seek “their” dictator

It's just so stupid.  The tax bill passed only because it was supported by a GOP coalition.  We only stopped Garland from getting on the Supreme Court, and then got conservatives, because of that same coalition.  Same with voting for Johnson for Speaker.  He wasn't the first (or second, or third, or fourth...) choice of a lot of folks but a coalition agreed to support him.

Bottom line is there won't be anything close to a MAGA-only majority in Congress, so if they want to get anything done, they'll have to build a coalition with other Republicans.

The fact that our queen MAGA here rejects scornfully the concept of building a coalition illustrates how completely messed up that movement is.  And that entire mindset of "it is just us against everyone who isn't us" is the Achilles heel of every populist movement that ever existed.  They act like a clique of 7th grade mean girls because they think it is fun.

As I said before...ash heap of history.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 03:27:52 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2023, 03:02:05 pm »
And NONE of you anti-Trumpers seem to be upset about  this,DESPITE the FACT that if they can  pull  this off on Trump,then they can pull it off on any or ALL future non-regulation candidates.

Because it's happened all the way along... Tom Delay, Duncan Hunter - just off the top of my head... This is nothing new. Just sensationalized by an order of magnitude - Which only serves to make it far LESS palatable.

The FACT that Trump has the panties of the entire establishment all wound up in a knot is all the reason *I* need to continue to support him.

And yet another reason why I will not. That is hardly a reason for support. Nor is this 'do-over' bullcrap because he lost, regardless of why.
[/quote]

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2023, 03:10:44 pm »
Who the hell wants coalitions with the Uniparty ----  other than you, of course?

Whether you like it or not, that's how it works. without coalition building, nothing gets done. The president is not an emperor. He has very little actionable power on his own beyond the very temporary power of Executive Orders - As y'all have already proven.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2023, 03:14:26 pm »
Supporting someone just because they upset people you don't like is narrow-minded, shallow thinking.

That needs far more emphasis...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2023, 03:16:32 pm »
The fact that our queen MAGA here rejects scornfully the concept of building a coalition illustrates how completely messed up that movement is.  And that entire mindset of "it is just us against everyone who isn't us" is the Achilles heel of every populist movement that ever existed.  They act like a clique of 7th grade mean girls.

As I said before...ash heap of history.

That's right.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2023, 03:32:19 pm »

Then why is Trump running for the nomination of the Uniparty? Should he be in the Constipation Party or Losertarian Party?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2023, 03:41:39 pm »
@libertybele

If we assume that the Establishment's influence was a key factor in his initial defeat, it raises a valid question: what makes us confident that Trump will achieve success in a potential second bid for the presidency? It's important to consider that continually blaming the Establishment for his past failures has grown stale and wearisome.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/