Author Topic: Hundreds Of Million In Taxpayer Dollars Should Not Go To Migrant Care  (Read 331 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hundreds Of Million In Taxpayer Dollars Should Not Go To Migrant Care

Illinois plans to allocate an additional $160 million in taxpayer funds to assist the growing number of migrants arriving from the southern U.S. border.

This move has raised concerns among some state legislators, who argue that taxpayer dollars should be used to care for citizens, not non-citizens.

Governor J.B. Pritzker defended the allocation, stating that the funding is necessary to address the needs of asylum seekers. (Trending: Obama’s Sick Move Against Israel)

“The state, alongside our local partners, has led a comprehensive data-driven analysis of the ongoing asylum seeker response, rooted in not only data but also input from frontline partners and new arrivals, which identified several ‘bottlenecks’ where services and resettlement tended to slow,” Pritzker said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hundreds-of-million-in-taxpayer-dollars-should-not-go-to-migrant-care/ar-AA1ktQXw?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=1a59caf513ab4f9799f86522adb7e172&ei=9

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Hundreds Of Million In Taxpayer Dollars Should Not Go To Migrant Care
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 12:42:32 am »
If you're going to spend that kind of money on them, spend it on one-way nonrefundable plane tickets to their country of origin.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Re: Hundreds Of Million In Taxpayer Dollars Should Not Go To Migrant Care
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2023, 04:41:53 pm »
Tiniest glimmer of sanity?

The Biden administration says it “strongly opposes” legislation to prohibit housing illegal immigrants on federal lands — including within national parks:

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1729173383315886211
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org