Author Topic: Chief Justice Roberts and the Erosion of the Judiciary  (Read 572 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chief Justice Roberts and the Erosion of the Judiciary
« on: November 01, 2023, 02:45:19 pm »
November 1, 2023
Chief Justice Roberts and the Erosion of the Judiciary
By Griff Hogan

When historians review the decline of American judiciary in the 21st century, they may have difficulty evaluating the role of one of its most important figures, Chief Justice John Roberts. His responses to a multitude of challenges have been inconsistent, and at times baffling.

In his 2010 State of the Union Address, President Barack Obama broke the event’s longstanding rules of decorum by hectoring the Supreme Court, six members of which were sitting right in front of him. Obama was peeved by the Court’s recent Citizens United decision, which he alleged would “open the floodgates for special interests -- including foreign corporations -- to spend without limit in our elections." Obama had a captive audience for one of his straw-man arguments, and made the most of it. It was too much for Justice Samuel Alito, who muttered sotto voce “That’s simply not true.” Sitting right in front of him was Chief Justice John Roberts, who said and did nothing.

Obama’s verbal assault was a preview of serious problems to come. Obama would eventually go beyond rhetoric, as he and his minions deceived the nation's most secret judicial body, the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC). Later, the Left would launch a multifaceted assault on the Supreme Court. Since both are under the supervision of the chief justice, his responses became a critical factor in combating the erosion of the judiciary.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/11/chief_justice_roberts_and_the_erosion_of_the_judiciary.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Chief Justice Roberts and the Erosion of the Judiciary
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 02:52:24 pm »
His responses to a multitude of challenges have been inconsistent, and at times baffling.

:yowsa:  9999hair out0000
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2023, 10:37:08 pm »
It should never have been Chief Justice Roberts.

It SHOULD have been Chief Justice Thomas...

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2023, 10:40:44 pm »
Roberts thinks that he's channeling Charles Evans Hughes, who Franklin Roosevelt bullied into ruling for his New Deal legislation by threatening to pack the court.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2023, 01:38:50 am »

:yowsa:  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2023, 09:56:44 am »

:yowsa: 888high58888 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2023, 01:12:37 am »
The Bush appointed Chief Justice is not worth a good BM!  This POS has made some of the screwiest votes of anyone sitting on the SCOTUS. 

Like Biden, I believe Chief Justice Roberts is compromised and has no right to sit on the court.  He should be removed.