Author Topic: DC mayor hands out AirTags so residents can find cars after they are stolen  (Read 627 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AMERICAN NEWS Nov 1, 2023
DC mayor hands out AirTags so residents can find cars after they are stolen
This is not the first tool the city has equipped residents with to combat carjackings.

DC mayor hands out AirTags so residents can find cars after they are stolen

Jarryd Jaeger
Vancouver, BC
Nov 1, 2023

On Wednesday, Washington, DC mayor Muriel Bowser announced that residents in certain areas of the city will be eligible to receive free "digital tracking tags" in an attempt to address rampant auto theft.

The Apple AirTags will become another tool in the Metropolitan Police Department's arsenal, allegedly allowing officers to trace and recover stolen vehicles.

"Last week, we introduced legislation to address recent crime trends; this week, we are equipping residents with technology that will allow MPD to address these crimes, recover vehicles, and hold people accountable," Bowser said.

"We have had success with similar programs where we make it easier for the community and MPD to work together – from our Private Security Camera Incentive Program to the wheel lock distribution program – and we will continue to use all the tools we have, and add new tools, to keep our city safe."

https://thepostmillennial.com/dc-mayor-hands-out-airtags-so-residents-can-find-cars-after-they-are-stolen

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
She can't honestly be proud of this program and think it will help control car theft! :wtf:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Oh please.  Victims can now virtually follow their cars all the way to the scene of the crash.  How novel of MS doggie.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Oh please.  Victims can now virtually follow their cars all the way to the scene of the crash.  How novel of MS doggie.
Or the scene of their next robbery **nononono*

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
On the other had, I do love my airtags. Greatest invention ever.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
On the other had, I do love my airtags. Greatest invention ever.

They have standard Blu-Tooth range, right?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
They have standard Blu-Tooth range, right?

I think so, i haven't tested them out in the open. I use them to find my keys, which are constantly lost.

Offline berdie

If they could just come up with something for finding your glasses.

Went to the eye doctor this a.m. and asked if there was such a thing! :rolling:

Offline andy58-in-nh

If they could just come up with something for finding your glasses.

That's easy. They're usually on your forehead.  :tongue2:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn