Author Topic: Months After Biden Claimed to Defund Wuhan Lab, Senate Republicans Move To Finish The Job  (Read 182 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Months After Biden Claimed to Defund Wuhan Lab, Senate Republicans Move To Finish The Job

The Chinese lab widely considered to be the source of the coronavirus had access to federal funds for months after the White House claimed to have cut them off. That could now change, thanks to Senator Joni Ernst.

The Iowa Republican attached an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act, which the Senate passed late Wednesday, banning the Department of Defense from providing funds to the Wuhan Institute of Virology lab or its U.S. partner, EcoHealth Alliance. The press proclaimed in July the Biden administration cut the Wuhan Institute of Virology off from federal funding, but the measure only blocked funding from the Department of Health and Human Services.

Ernst told the Washington Free Beacon it is "absolutely ridiculous" that the Wuhan lab had so many avenues to federal funding.

"Who would have thought that Department of Defense dollars would be funding experimentation in China," Ernst said. "It’s really unbelievable."

Ernst’s amendment requires the Pentagon to determine whether any of the $46 million it has doled out to EcoHealth Alliance since 2008 went to the Wuhan Institute of Virology. The measure mandates a 10-year audit to determine how much money has been diverted to the Wuhan lab and other Chinese institutions for the study of deadly viruses................

https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/months-after-biden-claimed-to-defund-wuhan-lab-senate-republicans-move-to-finish-the-job/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.