Author Topic: Study: Fueling EVs Really Costs $17 Per Gallon  (Read 266 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Study: Fueling EVs Really Costs $17 Per Gallon
« on: November 02, 2023, 01:40:09 pm »
Study: Fueling EVs Really Costs $17 Per Gallon

A new study out of the Texas Public Policy Foundation, which has received contributions from oil giants Exxon and Chevron, finds that the actual hidden costs of fueling an electric vehicle, which some allege equates to $1.21 per gallon of gas, is more like $17 per gallon — all things considered.

In their paper "Overcharged Expectations: Unmasking the True Costs of Electric Vehicles," the study's authors, Brent Bennett and Jason Isaac, ostensibly argue that while the direct cost of "fueling up" to an EV owner may appear low, the real costs and considerations add up to be significantly more...

Excerpt: Rest at headline link
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 01:40:58 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Re: Study: Fueling EVs Really Costs $17 Per Gallon
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2023, 01:47:14 pm »
It’ll be a lot more when they can no longer get their freebies in their privileged parking spaces.  Never mind when the subsidies stop.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Study: Fueling EVs Really Costs $17 Per Gallon
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 01:51:46 pm »
It’ll be a lot more when they can no longer get their freebies in their privileged parking spaces.  Never mind when the subsidies stop.

I think the subsidies are accounted for in the article. Don't know about the parking spaces.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien