Author Topic: Dem mayors begging Biden for help with migrant surge reject $1.4 billion aid, want $5 billion instea  (Read 237 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dem mayors begging Biden for help with migrant surge reject $1.4 billion aid, want $5 billion instead
The mayors of Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles and New York have requested $5 billion to aid in the surge of migrants
By Lawrence Richard Fox News
Published November 2, 2023 6:02am EDT

Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson talks to exclusively to 'FOX & Friends' co-host Lawrence Jones about why he is ditching the Democratic Party how cities across American can benefit from Republican leadership.

Several mayors who welcomed a surge of migrants into their sanctuary cities are now requesting the Biden administration give them billions of dollars in federal aid to help support these new residents.

The mayors of Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles and New York have urgently requested to meet with President Biden about getting federal support or resources in managing these migrants.

In a letter obtained by The Associated Press, the Democratic leaders told the Biden administration on Wednesday that they appreciate the $1.4 billion in proposed aid but that they need much more — a whopping $5 billion — to ease the new burden on their cities.

"While we are greatly appreciative of the additional federal funding proposed, our city budgets and local taxpayers continue to bear the brunt of this ongoing federal crisis," the letter says. "Cities have historically absorbed and integrated new migrants with success."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem-mayors-begging-biden-help-with-migrant-surge-reject-aid-want-5-billion-instead
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson