Author Topic: And now the latest Trumpland attack on DeSantis...  (Read 7707 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: And now the latest Trumpland attack on DeSantis...
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2023, 08:23:28 pm »
Oh, FFS, Trump had nothing to do with this.
Look again.

Last I knew, @DonaldJTrumpJr was the son of Donald Trump, a business partner and campaign surrogate. Oh, and he shares the name Donald John Trump.

So technically, Trump DID have something to do with this, and you can't run away from it this time.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2023, 08:48:28 pm »
   It's obviously a proven Campaign Fact that when you don't have a record to run on~run on your opponent's heel size.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2023, 09:18:47 pm »
Gee, does anyone see where this is truly heading?  Folks, they aren't going to allow Trump to run -- CO has already crossed him off their ballots.  Time for a dose of reality.

I don't think any efforts to bar him from the ballot ultimately will be successful.  Supreme Court will step in if necessary.

Just my opinion; but explain how, with a previous election stolen, numerous felony charges against him, that Trump will be the nominee and win the WH?  Just. Not. Going. To. Happen.

I don't think it will stop him from winning the nomination, and DeSantis and any alternate become irrelevant the moment Trump wins that.

I agree that he won't win the WH...but it's too late to replace him at that point anyway.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2023, 09:22:38 pm »
Look again.

Last I knew, @DonaldJTrumpJr was the son of Donald Trump, a business partner and campaign surrogate. Oh, and he shares the name Donald John Trump.

So technically, Trump DID have something to do with this, and you can't run away from it this time.

The thing is that this is how they behave towards anyone - not just fellow competitors for the nomination - who disagree with them on anything.  It's one reason they'd have a very difficult time finding competent people to staff an Administration.  Most accomplished, capable people don't want to work for someone like that.

Online libertybele

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2023, 10:11:01 pm »
I don't think any efforts to bar him from the ballot ultimately will be successful.  Supreme Court will step in if necessary.

I don't think it will stop him from winning the nomination, and DeSantis and any alternate become irrelevant the moment Trump wins that.

I agree that he won't win the WH...but it's too late to replace him at that point anyway.

The SCOTUS will not rule in Trump's favor; they looked the other way regarding J6 forward.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2023, 10:14:34 pm »
The SCOTUS will not rule in Trump's favor; they looked the other way regarding J6 forward.

Different cases, different legal arguments.

Online berdie

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2023, 10:21:17 pm »
I guess there must be something wrong with me. I don't base my vote on how tall a candidate is. :shrug:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2023, 10:22:06 pm »
Someone needs to put a lift up Trumps ass.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2023, 10:39:00 pm »
Look again.

:bs:  @jmyrlefuller   You're singling out one tweet from one person because his last name is Trump and it fits your hate-driven political POV.

You ignore the information I posted on how the whole damn world is laughing at RDS and his asinine response in that interview.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2023, 11:24:25 pm »

Same Court.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2023, 11:45:30 pm »

But they can. At least at the Electoral College level.

See: 2016, Baca v. Hickenlooper. In fact, the state could order its electors to vote for a particular candidate if they want and throw out any unapproved candidate.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2023, 11:57:49 pm »

I get that and that wasn't my point.  The SCOTUS isn't about to rule in Trump's favor.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2023, 12:02:17 am »
Same Court.

The same court that got rid of Roe and government affirmative action.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2023, 02:43:15 am »
I don't want to make a too big a deal of it, but back in our single and dating days (late '70's, very early '80's), how many of us wore cowboy boots which added a couple of inches of stature.  There's got to be a few percentage points of  confidence added and noticed being 6'2" instead of 6'0".

Kind of like Trump....  If he wore a dunce hat, it might give the impresson of 10 extra IQ points.  Only in the Clown World of David Pecker and Roger Stone does news items like this ever get generated.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2023, 03:13:37 am »

If Trump had nothing to do with this, his campaign workers wouldn't be posting here.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2023, 03:19:56 am »
If Trump had nothing to do with this, his campaign workers wouldn't be posting here.

Or the queen of the Trump leg humpers, our very own ***.  A sad little girl.

Please not tonight....
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 03:32:01 am by Cyber Liberty »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2023, 04:20:59 am »

You have been pushing this for weeks now... I saw your posts about it on TOS weeks ago (and weeks before that). We went back and forth about it weeks ago.... this is all your side has now, just childish bs that you now deny.

https://i.postimg.cc/wjgjXfWD/RIV.jpg

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2023, 07:11:00 am »
I don't want to make a too big a deal of it, but back in our single and dating days (late '70's, very early '80's), how many of us wore cowboy boots which added a couple of inches of stature.  There's got to be a few percentage points of  confidence added and noticed being 6'2" instead of 6'0".

I did, but never thought about stature. For me the full-ride heel was a practicality... At 6'3 and wider across the shoulders than anyone I know, stature was never an issue. But by the same token, all my friends wore the same, and regardless of size, stature was seldom an issue... One finds when working that size has little to do with anything... I always tended to pal around with bantam guys because they could do things I couldn't... and the same the other way around... The same all around.

Which is why the whole subject is pre-juvenile.  *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 07:12:20 am by roamer_1 »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2023, 02:31:42 pm »
I get that and that wasn't my point.  The SCOTUS isn't about to rule in Trump's favor.

I think lay people too often look at the result of a case to decide whether or not it was correctly decided, rather than the legal arguments.   So you're seeing a decision just as "pro-Trump" or "anti-Trump" rather than asking whether or not the Court applied the law - good or bad - correctly.

There's a famous legal quote by Oliver Wendell Holmes that accurately describes the role of a judge, which is to apply the law as written regardless of whether or not the result seems right or fair. It's a concept many people don't really grasp because all they care about is who wins and who loses the case:

"If my fellow citizens want to go to Hell I will help them. It's my job."

And that's really the biggest distinction between a judicial activist and an originalist. The activist cares about who wins, while the originalist cares about what the law says.

So it's not pro or anti-Trump.  It's what the controlling law says regarding the particular matter at issue. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 02:33:44 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2023, 04:18:57 am »
You have been pushing this for weeks now... I saw your posts about it on TOS weeks ago (and weeks before that). We went back and forth about it weeks ago.... this is all your side has now, just childish bs that you now deny.

What troubles me is RDS is a consultant creation and unable to handle anything not on his cheat sheet.  Stumbling on heeled boots is bound to draw attention ---- he should have known someone was going to ask him about it.  Heaven knows people were talking about it.  Instead, he was unprepared and sounded downright stupid in the interview heard round the world.

This is reminiscent of the "De Da Santis" nonsense.  Tell us how you prefer your name pronounced.  It's a question that shouldn't stump him.  And his being unable to handle opposition in a crowd, relying instead on the Governor of Iowa to chastise the crowd to be nice ---- while he sat there looking at his boots.

DeSantis continues to come across as dim-witted ---  and this is not Trump's fault, or mine  @Sighlass   

« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 05:32:03 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2023, 05:37:52 am »
I watched the clip, and I did not think he came across dim witted at all.  And frankly, what shoes he is wearing, I could care less.  And even if he is wearing lifts, I simply do not give a sh*t.

Frankly, more idiotic Trump sh*t.  His nonsense has grown old for me a long time ago.  And worse, his total failure to complete the promises he made turned me completely against him.

He promised to end the H1-b Visa Program DAY ONE.  5-6 months into his presidency, he met with the tech oligarch billionaires and emerged from that meeting INCREASING the H1-b Visa numbers.  And the UGLY TRUTH FACT is that he did NOT build the damn wall.  Promises kept my *ss!!!

We all know Trump will win the Republican nomination.  But he will lose the general election, even if he gets 80% of the votes, for with all the different means the Dems cheat, including the altering of ones and zeroes, we know the Dem candidate will squeak by with a narrow margin in the toss up states to win the Electoral College.  One more election fixed and a general population that just does not care.  I mean, close to 50 % of the people in the USA do not even vote.

Get prepared for four more years of Biden.  Watch the movie The Road if you want a hint of what I consider the outcome of Biden's Idiocracy.

And in regard to DeSantis and perhaps Newsome, they are trying to stay in the picture in the event Trump or Biden head off to the happy hunting ground.  If that happens, I suspect either of them would become overnight the favored candidate.

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2023, 05:57:52 am »
I watched the clip, and I did not think he came across dim witted at all.  And frankly, what shoes he is wearing, I could care less.  And even if he is wearing lifts, I simply do not give a sh*t.

Frankly, more idiotic Trump sh*t.  His nonsense has grown old for me a long time ago. 

What you're witnessing is not "idiotic Trumps sh*t".  It's "idiotic DeSantis sh*t".  Given the opportunity to be real, to be in the moment and handle an uncomfortable moment, Ronny failed, again.  He could have shut this whole thing down .... but, apparently no one told him how.   The fallout is on Ronny ---- and Ronny alone.

No one cares how short Desantis is.  But, people sure do care he's unable to think on his feet and appears to be the figment of a consultant's imagination.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2023, 08:00:40 am »
IF Americans are going to judge a candidate by his shoes or boots, then we are definitely in some very serious trouble (which we obviously are).  IF another candidate is going to use childish antics and bullying and he retains his support, then we are definitely in some very serious trouble (which we are).

I've raised this question before; if Trump continues with his smear campaign against DeSantis, who is the only true conservative running, and Trump is found guilty on one of the numerous charges against him and can't run -- then who does the GOP have left??  Haley?? Vivek??  Gee, does anyone see where this is truly heading?  Folks, they aren't going to allow Trump to run -- CO has already crossed him off their ballots.  Time for a dose of reality. 

Just my opinion; but explain how, with a previous election stolen, numerous felony charges against him, that Trump will be the nominee and win the WH?  Just. Not. Going. To. Happen.

@libertybele

ROFLMAO!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!