Author Topic: And now the latest Trumpland attack on DeSantis...  (Read 7916 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: And now the latest Trumpland attack on DeSantis...
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2023, 03:24:09 am »
He bullies conservatives and that's the problem.  You keep assuming @sneakypete that the leftists are going to let him be seated again.  Just. Not. Going. To. Happen.

I am not so sure, if Trump does squeak out a win, he will be so handicapped that it will be another joke of a term. I honestly now can't stand the man, absolutely detest the sight/sound of him (and the machine that follows him around like fools a squawking even when he does things totally opposite of what most here consider conservative).

Most people spit out lukewarm, some here preach it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

BTW... @roamer_1 has never faltered that I have seen ... Trump has used his wealth to con the gullible... this was an issue once that Don donated his presidential pay... Trump paid lawyers to hide his blackmail of cheating on his wife(s)... well you can bet Donald never donated a business deal and made sure any/all charity donations had his name attached to it. Rich is more than making sure your name is known by donation to more liberals than conservatives at one time... Character matters, and most here could care less how rich a person is, only the character they lived and the anchor that keeps them on the straight and narrow.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2023, 03:40:40 am »
Nobody cares that Trump inherited wealth. We care that he didn't keep his promises, though.  :shrug:

Just off the top of my head @mountaineer here are a few of the promises kept.  I guess they must have happened so fast they just whizzed past you    happy77

Conservative judges, rebuilt military,  US Space Force, --- secure border:  Remain in Mexico, safe third country agreements with Guatamala, Honduras and El Salvador, expanded and empowered ICE, 450+ miles of new wall built in spite of Congress, banning immigration from terrorist nations, --- highest across-the-board employment, strongest wealth-building among the middle class, largest reduction in regulations on the private sector, --- ended the Iran Agreement, ended ISIS, ended Soleimani, ended nation building, ended NAFTA, replaced it with the renegotiated fair trade USMCA deal, --- controlled NK spitting on Obama's prophecy of looming war, ended our participation in the Paris Climate Agreement pyramid scheme, got NATO members to open their wallets and get their sticky fingers out of ours, --- The Abraham Accords, Kosovo and Serbia economic normalization agreements, China tariffs, ---- Title X rule defunding Planned Parenthood, ended racial sensitivity trainings in government agencies that addressed topics like white privilege and critical race theory, calling them "divisive, anti-American propaganda", --- brought back "Merry Christmas", American patriotism, the American dream and hope.

All-in-all, not to shabby for a man with one hand tied behind his back and bleeding from multiple knives in his back. 

I sure am looking forward to his next four years ---- we need him now more than ever.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 03:43:51 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2023, 03:47:16 am »
As far as I know he has not made any move to repeal them, though he also has not expanded them @Right_in_Virginia

Florida is still actively using the Red Flag Laws on the books.  There's been no request for repeal (as of now).

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2023, 03:50:26 am »
Just off the top of my head @mountaineer here are a few of the promises kept.  I guess they must have happened so fast they just whizzed past you    happy77

Conservative judges

One of those "conservative judges" Trump appointed that wasn't on a list handed to him to pick from, voted against us having AR-15s just the other day.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2023, 03:52:25 am »
That may be @libertybele   But, neither the current governor nor his administration has repealed them ----- and continues to actively use them.

Continues to actively use them?  How so?  When did DeSantis ever use a red flag law?  Just another lie from the Trump camp.  DeSantis has been a staunch supporter of open carry.  Yet here you are again spreading more falsehoods about DeSantis record.

And who is it that actually does support red flag laws?  Why it's Donald Trump.  Go figure.

Trump backs ‘red flag’ gun laws. What do they actually do?

Lauren Dezenski  |  Mon August 5, 2019

In the aftermath of this weekend’s mass shootings that killed at least 31 people, attention turned to what could be done to prevent something like this from happening again.

Among the solutions floated by President Donald Trump: red flag gun laws.

“We must make sure that those judged to pose a grave risk to public safety do not have access to firearms and that if they do, those firearms can be taken through rapid due process,” Trump said in televised remarks from the White House on Monday morning. “That is why I have called for red flag laws, also known as extreme risk protection orders.”

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/05/politics/red-flag-gun-law-explainer-donald-trump/index.html

So here you are yet again showing off your dishonest hypocrisy by criticizing Ron DeSantis for not repealing red flag laws that Donald Trump supported.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2023, 03:57:02 am »
Florida is still actively using the Red Flag Laws on the books.  There's been no request for repeal (as of now).

And Trump wants to take it a step further, take without going through the due process. Until you mention this as a negative on your own candidate, then hush... I have already said I didn't like this about DeSantis... and that it was a valid gripe... You on the other hand, completely skip the log in your own candidate's eye.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2023, 03:57:33 am »
@sneakypete

And tangentially, he lies like a rug, which means I can never trust him.

Tump claims to be a conservative.  Lies don't get much larger than that on the GOP side.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 03:58:47 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2023, 06:02:57 am »
Trump claims to be a conservative.  Lies don't get much larger than that on the GOP side.

Really?  There's no bigger lie in the GOP?  You've an interesting POV, my friend.   :laugh:

« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2023, 06:04:34 am »
One of those "conservative judges" Trump appointed that wasn't on a list handed to him to pick from, voted against us having AR-15s just the other day.

Only one?  Heavens, we're in better shape than I thought.

« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2023, 07:08:34 am »
Continues to actively use them?  How so?  When did DeSantis ever use a red flag law?  Just another lie from the Trump camp.

Latest figures: (the 2023 totals are most likely under lock and key)

Florida’s red flag law used nearly 9,000 times to date, 254 times in Duval
By Jake Stofan, Action News Jax
May 26, 2022 at 5:46 pm EDT
https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/floridas-red-flag-law-used-nearly-9000-times-date-254-times-duval/6Z74OOSF25CLFEMUIERDRCSXLU/

Tampa, Florida
CNN
Jun 1, 2022

—
Twice a week from her courtroom, Florida 13th Circuit Court Judge Denise Pomponio decides who in Hillsborough County can no longer be trusted with a gun.

In just the last two months, she has taken away the firearm privileges of dozens of people, including a dad accused of threatening to “shoot everyone” at his son’s school, a woman who police say attempted suicide and then accidentally shot her boyfriend during a struggle for her revolver, a husband who allegedly fired multiple rounds in the street to “blow off steam” after losing a family member, a bullied 13-year-old witnesses overheard saying, “If all of 8th grade is missing tomorrow you will know why,” and a mother arrested for brandishing a handgun at another mom after a school bus incident between their daughters.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/01/politics/florida-red-flag-law/index.html

Lauren Dezenski  |  Mon August 5, 2019

In the aftermath of this weekend’s mass shootings that killed at least 31 people, attention turned to what could be done to prevent something like this from happening again.

Among the solutions floated by President Donald Trump: red flag gun laws.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/05/politics/red-flag-gun-law-explainer-donald-trump/index.html

"Floating" is neither implementing nor using a law.  Trump sent the floated idea to the trashcan.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 07:17:47 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2023, 11:44:55 am »
And Trump wants to take it a step further, take without going through the due process. Until you mention this as a negative on your own candidate, then hush... I have already said I didn't like this about DeSantis... and that it was a valid gripe... You on the other hand, completely skip the log in your own candidate's eye.

Same here. I consider DeSantis’s support for red flag laws a negative

Red flag laws sound good on the surface. But anything that can be abused by government eventually will be
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2023, 11:52:39 am »
I am not so sure, if Trump does squeak out a win, he will be so handicapped that it will be another joke of a term.

Yup

His cabinet will be made up of box checkers like the current regime but the only box that will be checked in a second Trump term is the “unwavering loyalty” box. Ability and qualifications will be secondary considerations, if at all.

Then, should he win somehow, Democrats come roaring back in 2026 and retake the WH in 2028

It’s time for something else. We can’t afford a continuation of the Obama/Trump/Biden/Trump era
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2023, 12:26:02 pm »

"Everything is fine...it's far from over!" - TBR's Never Trump Coalition
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2023, 01:22:44 pm »
Similar to a teenage girl who has a crush on a boy but won’t admit it out loud

@LMAO

I am not you,so I don't think like you.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt,of course,and assuming you even know HOW to think. Like the rest of group,you probably don't think,you "feel".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2023, 01:25:33 pm »
Stinky Pete has blown his schtick.  What kind of person his given credence and accolades singularly to someone  "being born into wealth".?

I'd say those of us who earned it have a lot more character and drive.

@catfish1957

It's more like you are eaten alive with jealousy.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2023, 01:28:31 pm »
@LMAO

I am not you,so I don't think like you.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt,of course,and assuming you even know HOW to think. Like the rest of group,you probably don't think,you "feel".

You’re unfamiliar with your own posting history, aren’t you?

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2023, 01:32:00 pm »

Same here. I consider DeSantis’s support for red flag laws a negative

Red flag laws sound good on the surface. But anything that can be abused by government eventually will be

@LMAO

True,but only because "We,the people" allow it.

Politicians are going to continue to legislate in favor of their own  POV and the POV of their biggest contributors until WE,THE PEOPLE ,jerk a knot in their joints and demand they stop or start looking for a new job.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2023, 01:33:51 pm »
Latest figures: (the 2023 totals are most likely under lock and key)

But we're not talking about local government usage here.  You specifically singled out DeSantis.  Your accusation is false.  And deep down, you know it's false.  Yet you continue to stand on a lie.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2023, 01:34:17 pm »
You’re unfamiliar with your own posting history, aren’t you?

@LMAO

It's not MY fault you can't understand it.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2023, 01:41:51 pm »
@LMAO

It's not MY fault you can't understand it.

Yeah

You are definitely unfamiliar with your posting pattern…lol

Barry Goldwater

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2023, 03:58:54 pm »
@catfish1957

It's more like you are eaten alive with jealousy.

lol...  My net worth might not be at his level,but beleive me I have taken great pride in what I have been able to do.  And it was done honestly, by saving, research, and  with hard work. 

We soon forget that real estate developers are among the most sleazy and predatory POS in this country.  And uhhhh.... just how did Tumpy accumulate his ill gotten gain?.  Saying I am jealous of this example of human excrement, is about the funniest thing you have ever posted.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2023, 04:48:15 pm »
But we're not talking about local government usage here.  You specifically singled out DeSantis.  Your accusation is false.  And deep down, you know it's false.  Yet you continue to stand on a lie.

Seriously, please tell me *this* is not your argument:  Governor Ronny didn't frog march Floridians --- himself --- into a courtroom to surrender their guns --- he let others do the frog marching proving Ronny doesn't really value a law he could have worked with his super majorities to repeal.  88devil

Online roamer_1

« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2023, 05:57:49 pm »
Tump claims to be a conservative.  Lies don't get much larger than that on the GOP side.

That's right. Tumpy cannot be considered conservative without changing the meaning of Conservative _ which his many minions have endeavored to do at every turn... Much like Democrats do.

But alas for them! It turns out words do mean things.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2023, 06:49:04 pm »
Seriously, please tell me *this* is not your argument:  Governor Ronny didn't frog march Floridians --- himself --- into a courtroom to surrender their guns --- he let others do the frog marching proving Ronny doesn't really value a law he could have worked with his super majorities to repeal.  88devil

Uh no.  You are the one offering the argument here, not me.  And your argument is that DeSantis continues to actively use red flag laws - a claim that is totally false.  And when confronted on it, instead of owning up to your 'error', you chose instead to double down.

Meanwhile, your chosen candidate has openly advocated for red flag laws, which exposes your own deep-rooted hypocrisy on this matter.  But of course this is not the first time that has happened.  You have made a habit of falsely accusing Ron DeSantis of doing things that Trump actually does.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2023, 06:51:46 pm »
Trump claims to be a conservative.  Lies don't get much larger than that on the GOP side.

Really?  There's no bigger lie in the GOP?  You've an interesting POV, my friend.   :laugh:

At least you now acknowledge it to be a lie.  Just not the biggest.