Author Topic: The Seventy Five Year Old Temporary Gaza Fix Has Broken  (Read 238 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Seventy Five Year Old Temporary Gaza Fix Has Broken
« on: November 01, 2023, 04:39:21 pm »
The Seventy Five Year Old Temporary Gaza Fix Has Broken
By Robert Purssell
November 01, 2023

The media continually reports that the Israeli Defense Force (IDF) will soon launch a massive assault into Gaza with the dual objectives of rescuing the hostages that Hamas took prisoner on 7 October 2023; and killing or capturing Hamas in its entirety. Similar in purpose to what Israel attempted in 2006 in Lebanon, a Gaza incursion will likely achieve, at best, only partial success, since Hamas’ tight security has blinded Israeli intelligence.

To date, in hopes of ostensibly facilitating the rescue of the hostages, the Biden administration has counseled Israel to restrain the IDF, effectively substituting a siege for an invasion. A siege that makes Hamas militarily impotent, reduces Gaza’s civilian casualties and decreases the diplomatic pressure on Israel.

For its part, Hamas can continue futilely launching missiles and terrorist raids against Israel. The Israeli air defense (Iron Dome) will shoot down the missiles, and the thousands of deployed IDF ground forces will obliterate any attempted Hamas terrorist raids.

Meanwhile, with dangers occasioned by Israel’s aerial bombardment prompting Egypt to restrict the flow of people and goods through its Rafah entry point to Gaza, Israel has effectively besieged Hamas-controlled Gaza. Unless Israel permits their passage, only limited food, water, electricity, fuel, and medical supplies can cross into Gaza.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2023/11/01/the_seventy_five_year_old_temporary_fix_of_gaza_has_broken_989870.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson