Author Topic: Migrant deaths double amid record heat, apprehensions  (Read 253 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrant deaths double amid record heat, apprehensions
« on: November 01, 2023, 04:11:08 pm »
Migrant deaths double amid record heat, apprehensions
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Oct 31, 2023 / 06:32 PM CDT

Updated: Nov 1, 2023 / 08:26 AM CDT

Advocates call for end to ‘militarization’ of border forcing economic migrants to risk lives crossing deserts, canals, Rio Grande

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – Migrant deaths more than doubled in the last 12 months in the El Paso region, amid record-setting heat and U.S. Border Patrol encounters.

The El Paso Sector that runs from Hudspeth County, Texas, to the New Mexico-Arizona state line recorded 149 migrant fatalities and 597 rescues from Oct. 1, 2022, to Sept. 30, 2023. That compares to 71 deaths and 493 life-saving interventions in fiscal year 2022, according to updated data released by the Border Patrol on Tuesday.

Heat-related deaths rose dramatically from one year to the next. A total of 60 migrants died of heat stress-related conditions in FY 2023, compared to only 19 the previous year. That coincided with El Paso recording 70 days with triple-digit heat, including 33 in which temperatures rose above 105 degrees, according to KTSM.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/migrant-deaths-double-amid-record-heat-apprehensions/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Migrant deaths double amid record heat, apprehensions
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 05:16:05 pm »
They're lucky I'm not Border Czar ... there'd be walls, fences, razor wire, electric fences, ditches, snake pits, mine fields, moats ... how long can pirahnas, crocodiles, bull sharks, and anacondas live in the Rio Grande?  It would make the old East German border look like Disney World.

"Open borders" hastened the demise of the Western Roman Empire.  The Great Wall of China was a border wall against Mongol invasion.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 05:18:57 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.