Author Topic: ance, Senate GOP warn Biden admin's directive on giving loans to illegal immigrants could be 'detrim  (Read 418 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
ance, Senate GOP warn Biden admin's directive on giving loans to illegal immigrants could be 'detrimental'
The senators called on the DOJ and CFPB to 'retract' the joint guidance.
Houston Keene By Houston Keene Fox News
Published November 1, 2023 4:00am EDT

Illegal border crossings set new record in September
Chris Clem, a former Border Patrol agent in Arizona and Texas, says Americans should be 'alarmed' by the number of got-aways at the southern border.

A Republican senator led every Senate Banking Committee Republican in a letter to the Biden administration about a recent joint directive on illegal immigrants being approved for loans.

The letter from Ohio GOP Senator J.D. Vance is a response to an Oct. 12 directive from the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) warning lenders against solely denying lines of credit for mortgages, auto and other loans due to a borrower's immigration status.

Signed by every member of the GOP members of the Senate Banking Committee, the letter to the Attorney General Merrick Garland and CFPB Director Rohit Chopra argues that the joint directive flies in the face of sound lending practices.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vance-senate-gop-warn-biden-admin-directive-loans-illegal-immigrants-could-detrimental
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
LOANS, huh?  They can kiss most of those "loans" goodbye." *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
LOANS, huh?  They can kiss most of those "loans" goodbye." *****rollingeyes*****
Yep. I wonder how much of that will either end up fueling terror networks or in the DNC coffers?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Ranger cautions:
"They can kiss most of those "loans" goodbye"

Gee, memories are short.
Remember what started the "sub-prime" lending crisis only 15 or so years ago...?