Author Topic: Over 200 health journals call on the UN & WHO to recognize ‘climate change’ as ‘a global health emer  (Read 319 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Over 200 health journals call on the UN & WHO to recognize ‘climate change’ as ‘a global health emergency’

British Medical Journal: Published 25 October 2023: Over 200 health journals call on the United Nations, political leaders, and health professionals to recognize that climate change and biodiversity loss are one indivisible crisis and must be tackled together to preserve health and avoid catastrophe. This overall environmental crisis is now so severe as to be a global health emergency...
Human health is damaged directly by both the climate crisis, as the journals have described in previous editorials, and the nature crisis. …
The World Health Organization should declare the indivisible climate and nature crisis as a global health emergency. The three preconditions for WHO to declare a situation to be a public health emergency of international concern are that it is serious, sudden, unusual, or unexpected; carries implications for public health beyond the affected state’s national border; and may require immediate international action. Climate change seems to fulfil all those conditions. ...
We must recognise this crisis for what it is: a global health emergency."

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/10/30/over-200-health-journals-call-on-the-un-who-to-recognize-climate-change-as-a-global-health-emergency/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Climate change seems to fulfil all those conditions. ...

It doesn't claim GW DOES meet all the conditions.  Very deceptive.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Doctors-committees call for Joint Global Health Emergency (even though global warming saves lives)

The Guardian via Climate Depot

By Jo Nova

Lets meld climate and health into one giant government quasi religion. What could possibly go wrong?

The medical industry leapt into politics and medical witchcraft on Saturday, calling to fuse human and planetary health into the one all-purpose emergency.

This is despite humans living longer now than they’ve ever lived, eating more food than they ever have, and being less likely to die in storms, floods and cyclones.

Global annual death toll disasters
Climate disasters are less costly, less deadly | Graph — Global death rate from disasters last century, per capita. Our World in Data. Hannah Ritchie and Max Roser.

This is despite a truckload of papers on 74 million people showing 6 to 20 times as many people die in cold times rather than warm ones. Rather than being dangerous, global warming saves 160,000 lives a year. All over the world, people die in winter more than summer, year after year. Even in hot cities like Brisbane, cold weeks are the killers, not the hot ones. Room temperature is linked to mortality, and there’s no heatwave on Earth that can’t be solved with more air conditioning. Give the poor and downtrodden more fossil fuels, not less!

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/11/doctors-committees-call-for-joint-global-health-emergency-even-though-global-warming-saves-lives/
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Steve Milloy
@JunkScience
The Middle East is on fire... but idiot UN chief @antonioguterres  is in Nepal visiting glaciers.
BTW, the Himalayas are not warming and the glaciers are stable.  ...

https://twitter.com/JunkScience/status/1719709338254610734
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org