Author Topic: 60 Million Americans Under Freeze Alerts As Powerful Arctic Blast Crashes Temps Nationwide  (Read 2758 times)

Offline roamer_1

the best cold Halloween costume is either the Michelin Man or the StaPuft Marshmallow Man...  :laugh:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
the best cold Halloween costume is either the Michelin Man or the StaPuft Marshmallow Man...  :laugh:
My Granddaughter went one year as a lamb (it fit over her snowsuit), another year as a Care Bear, and another year as a Dragon, all of which were costumes thick enough that they'd have been too hot in other climates. The year she was a lamb, it was about -20, and she made out like a fat rat, partly because few were out and about, and partly because she was so danged cute, with a million dollar smile.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

I had another crop of tomatoes coming in.  But no more.  Maybe some of them are fry-worthy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

My Granddaughter went one year as a lamb (it fit over her snowsuit), another year as a Care Bear, and another year as a Dragon, all of which were costumes thick enough that they'd have been too hot in other climates. The year she was a lamb, it was about -20, and she made out like a fat rat, partly because few were out and about, and partly because she was so danged cute, with a million dollar smile.

yabbut... Either of the two I mentioned, I just haul out my arctic down (which is already white) and use my wooley pants with the snow camo overs (white) and I'm good to go.  :laugh:

Offline goatprairie

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
It's so cold the Hurricanes are experience shrinkage..
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

It's gonna be 45 degrees today... a veritable heat wave. I might just wear a t-shirt...  :yowsa:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I believe this is why houses in my area have furnaces, wood stoves, and fireplace inserts.  It gets cold after August, eventually.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 07:09:48 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

This just in: winter arrives in North America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This just in: winter arrives in North America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is this winter you speak of? Still 80's today and tomorrow and then it gets cool...low to mid 70's, but the nights will get cold dropping into the mid fifties. I may miss the real seasons here in SoCal but I sure as heck don't miss snow and cars playing bumper cars on the ice **nononono*

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline libertybele

Sunny here with a nice breeze. Nighttime temps in the mid 60's and daytime temps in the mid 80'sfor the rest of the week. Beautiful.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Sunny here with a nice breeze. Nighttime temps in the mid 60's and daytime temps in the mid 80'sfor the rest of the week. Beautiful.

Lows of 45 and highs in the mid 60's this week.  A/C  set to off. Windows open. FL Power and Light can suck it!

Offline Smokin Joe

It's gonna be 45 degrees today... a veritable heat wave. I might just wear a t-shirt...  :yowsa:
Predictions give us a heat wave, with highs in the mid 30s, lows in the 20s for the next week!

Woo Hoo!

Now I can get some stuff worked on before the next round of cold.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

It's 81 here right now...

Offline Smokin Joe

It's 81 here right now...
Thirty four (above) here. I had to stop working outside because I started sweating...

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

The past week it's been ten-twenty degrees colder than normal for the average high. The low yesterday was about fifteen degrees.
It's not the tropics here in Wisconsin in early November, but that's cold for this time of the year.

Online Wingnut

The past week it's been ten-twenty degrees colder than normal for the average high. The low yesterday was about fifteen degrees.
It's not the tropics here in Wisconsin in early November, but that's cold for this time of the year.
Weather is a weird thing.  Sometimes it is warm. Sometimes it is cold.  Man has never been able to control it or influence  it.