Author Topic: When History is Rewritten, Look Out  (Read 422 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
When History is Rewritten, Look Out
« on: November 01, 2023, 04:21:32 pm »
November 1, 2023
When History is Rewritten, Look Out
By Allan J. Feifer

If I were to describe Iran's hostage crisis, a reader might think I was writing about the 1979 incident when Iran held 52 Americans hostage for 444 days during the Carter administration.

But I am writing about the current hostage crisis!

Over the years, Iran has taken thousands of hostages.  They have learned that hostages create leverage at little cost.  Taking hostages is a form of asymmetric warfare.

Sadly, we have not figured out how to respond.  Americans have lost confidence in America's ability to protect them.

We operate under a changed military doctrine, which finds us fighting today's war with yesterday's tactics.  Today's war is for truth itself, and we are losing badly.

Crowds of people fight from the opposite sides of our streets.  They battle us in our houses of worship, our universities, and even in the halls of Congress. 

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/11/when_history_is_rewritten_look_out.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: When History is Rewritten, Look Out
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 05:10:52 pm »
I'm the type of S.O.B. that would presume the hostages are already dead, or, shoot the hostages first to deny terrorists the value they hope the hostages will offer.

Ask yourself, what would Stalin do?  Stalin was probably wone of the most purely political creatures to walk the Earth.  At Stalingrad and Leningrad he gave Russians a choice ... to be shot by the fighting Germans, or to be shot by the Russians if they retreated.

If you value hostages you play into terrorist hands.  Shoot the hostages first, then the terrorists.

If Hamas wants a war of elimination, let's give it to them like we did in Dresden, Tokyo, Nagasaki, and Hiroshima.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2023, 08:03:52 pm »
I'm the type of S.O.B. that would presume the hostages are already dead, or, shoot the hostages first to deny terrorists the value they hope the hostages will offer.

Ask yourself, what would Stalin do?  Stalin was probably wone of the most purely political creatures to walk the Earth.  At Stalingrad and Leningrad he gave Russians a choice ... to be shot by the fighting Germans, or to be shot by the Russians if they retreated.

If you value hostages you play into terrorist hands.  Shoot the hostages first, then the terrorists.

If Hamas wants a war of elimination, let's give it to them like we did in Dresden, Tokyo, Nagasaki, and Hiroshima.
:shrug: I'm the kind of guy that would send a missile right up the Ayatollah's @$$holla and every other mullah in Iran...call it the art of FAFO diplomacy.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2023, 08:13:49 pm »

The lives of the innocents.... 8888crybaby
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2023, 04:44:39 am »
Many Americans and Europeans, in their relative safety, tell themselves little lies.  They view the world through the lens of equivalency and decency.  They seek to be fair, just, and inclusive as much as they can without sacrifice or skin in the game. 

Even as the pervasive lies in the West increasingly damage the very fairness, equivalency, and decency that once was far more prevalent in Western culture, and in those distortions make Western Culture itself the enemy, even as millions of immigrants and invaders enjoy the benefits of that same culture.

In the quest for fairness and decency, the West has turned toward more surgical strikes, going so far as to use concrete  filled JDAMs in Iraq to take out the building housing enemies without killing the civilians in adjacent ones, in an effort to preserve the lives of innocents.
Maybe there are no real innocents.
Perhaps it is time, after decades of relative peace, to remind the world that when Western Culture is attacked, continents burn, not just cities.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis