Author Topic: Navy Shipbuilding Plan Would Reduce Fleet Size During Time That China Might Invade Taiwan  (Read 248 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy Shipbuilding Plan Would Reduce Fleet Size During Time That China Might Invade Taiwan
Micaela Burrow on October 27, 2023

The Navy’s proposed shipbuilding plans would reduce the fleet temporarily during the years in which U.S. officials say Chinese President Xi Jinping might move on Taiwan, according to an analysis by the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).

Three different paths outlined in the Navy’s mandated fiscal year 2024 shipbuilding plan seeks to expand the Naval fleet beyond its current 290 battle force vessels, but to do so it has to retire nine ships before new ones can be commissioned, CBO wrote. The schedule for decommissioning ships is still the same under all three alternatives, bringing the fleet to a low of 285 ships by 2027, while China would be growing its fleet.

U.S. defense officials stress that China’s timeline is not set in stone. However, Xi has pledged to develop a combat-ready military by 2027, and while Xi did not promise to invade Taiwan by a specific date, he has made clear his intent to seize the semi-autonomous island by force if necessary.

“We know as a matter of intelligence he has instructed the People’s Liberation Army to be ready by 2027 to conduct a successful invasion,” CIA Director William Burns said in February.

https://www.shorenewsnetwork.com/2023/10/28/navy-shipbuilding-plan-would-reduce-fleet-size-during-time-that-china-might-invade-taiwan/
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 02:05:27 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Did thoroughly woke Milley call his co-conspirators in China before he left to give them a heads-up so they could better prepare for a possible invasion? :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson