Author Topic: US foreign aid likely falls into the hands of Hamas, lawmakers say  (Read 206 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US foreign aid likely falls into the hands of Hamas, lawmakers say

The lawmakers also pointed out that the Biden administration has given tax dollars to Iran, which is a known financial backer of Hamas.

By The Center Square Staff
Published: October 29, 2023 11:02pm

Agroup of leading House Republicans are raising concerns that millions of taxpayer dollars meant for foreign aid could be funneled to Hamas, the terrorist group that killed more than 1,400 Israelis and took dozens of hostages earlier this month.

The lawmakers sent a letter to the U.S. Agency for International Development, the federal agency that overseas the bulk of foreign aid and normally keeps watch on how its funding could be used for nefarious purposes.

“According to records produced by the State Department in response to a Freedom of Information Act request, the State Department was concerned in 2021 about U.S. assistance falling into the hands of Hamas,” the letter said.

The letter points to a draft memo from the State Department to the Department of the Treasury that says there is a “high risk” that U.S. tax dollars are helping Hamas because of the terrorist group’s control over Gaza.

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/taxpayer-dollars-likely-fall-hands-hamas-lawmakers-say
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US foreign aid likely falls into the hands of Hamas, lawmakers say
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 04:35:41 pm »
I know, you know, the government knows, Hamas knows, the world knows Biden is financing Muslim terrorists. :smokin:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson