Author Topic: Federal Contractor Urges DHS To Ditch Term ‘Illegal Immigrant,’ Says ‘Jihadist’ Is ‘Racially Charged  (Read 302 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Federal Contractor Urges DHS To Ditch Term ‘Illegal Immigrant,’ Says ‘Jihadist’ Is ‘Racially Charged’
RAND corporation advises feds in government-funded report to adopt 'inclusive language'

By  Spencer Lindquist

Oct 30, 2023   DailyWire.com

A federal contractor that’s received hundreds of millions of dollars from the federal government is pushing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to adopt “inclusive language,” replacing terms like “illegal immigrant” with “undocumented noncitizen,” “riot” with “protest,” and suggesting that terms such as “looter” and “jihadist” have become “racially charged.”

The report from the RAND Corporation, a nonprofit which operates the Homeland Security Operational Analysis Center as a “federally funded research and development center,” charges the DHS uses language that is “insulting, demeaning, dehumanizing, offensive, embarrassing, or othering or otherwise make individuals feel uncomfortable, marginalized, disrespected, or unsafe.”

Titled “Language, Labels, and the DHS Lexicon,” the report was drafted on behalf of the agency’s Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties. It particularly focuses on immigration enforcement, counterterrorism efforts, and law enforcement, charging that these three operation areas use offensive language, relying on interviews with 15 individuals under the jurisdiction of DHS.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/federal-contractor-urges-dhs-to-ditch-term-illegal-immigrant-says-jihadist-is-racially-charged
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 04:17:55 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'll bet the parents of these ass-wipe, do-gooders didn't have any problems with Krauts or Japs being used against our evil enemies.  I'll bet they didn't even object to Japanese American citizens being put in concentration camps (lite) in the US.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline the OlLine Rebel

I'll bet the parents of these ass-wipe, do-gooders didn't have any problems with Krauts or Japs being used against our evil enemies.  I'll bet they didn't even object to Japanese American citizens being put in concentration camps (lite) in the US.

Oh no, they sure don't mind names for Germans - they are the great boogieman in history - and they are white.

They DESPISE "Jap", even though all it is is an abbreviation.  (I once ran into a "Brit" on-line who HATED me asking if he was a Brit, thinking the same way libs do about "Jap" - though they are exactly the same - abbreviations.)

I have NEVER heard anyone defend Germans, period.  Japanese?  Absolutely.  Think of the Enola Gay flap in the Smithsonian c.1994.  Can't offend the Japs.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Contractor?

They can be fired.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis