Author Topic: New Image of B-21 Bomber Tail Shows Different Exhausts and Rear Deck from B-2  (Read 326 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Image of B-21 Bomber Tail Shows Different Exhausts and Rear Deck from B-2
Oct. 27, 2023 | By John A. Tirpak

A new photograph of the B-21 bomber circulating on the internet in the last few days—and the first to reveal what the back of the secret aircraft looks like—shows a different geometry for the aircraft’s exhaust area and rear deck from its predecessor, the B-2. 

The moderate-resolution photo, posted to Reddit by a user named “u/Mug_Of_Fire” and apparently taken through a fence, shows a B-21 conducting an outside engine test. Its appearance prompted media queries to the Air Force, which acknowledged that taxi tests with the secret stealth bomber are now underway.

An Air Force official, speaking on background as to the image’s authenticity, confirmed “that is a B-21.”

Air & Space Forces Magazine reached out to “u/Mug_Of_Fire,” to establish how and when the photo was taken and did not receive an immediate response.  The B-21 is undergoing taxi tests at Northrop Grumman’s facilities at Air Force Plant 42 in Palmdale, Calif.

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/new-image-b-21-rear/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum