Author Topic: Jack Lew confirmed as U.S. ambassador to Israel by Senate  (Read 213 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jack Lew confirmed as U.S. ambassador to Israel by Senate
« on: October 31, 2023, 07:39:52 pm »
Senate confirms Jack Lew as ambassador to Israel
Lew has said he would work to advance a two state solution for Israel and Palestine
 By Jamie Joseph Fox News
Published October 31, 2023 3:21pm EDT

The Senate moved to confirm President Biden's nominee pick for ambassador to Israel, Jack Lew, Tuesday after weeks of Republican opposition.

In a 53 - 43 vote, senators confirmed Lew despite mounting Republican opposition over his past work on Iran sanctions during his time as Treasury secretary under the Obama administration.

Sens. Rand Paul, R-Ky., and Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., were the only Republicans to vote in favor of Lew.

On the floor Tuesday afternoon just after the 3:15 PM ET vote, Sen. Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said Lew "is the right man for the job of ambassador to Israel."

"He's a capable public servant to fierce allied Israel and commands a broad base of trust and respect," he said. "And he is a decent and humane man."

But a handful of Republicans opposed Lew in the weeks leading up to his confirmation. Every Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee — except Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., — voted against Lew's advancement in the committee earlier this month.

"There's no clear or more immediate action that Senators could take to show a new direction for US policy on Iran, than to reject the nomination of one of the architects of the Iran nuclear deal with the United States and Israel," Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark.,— a member on the armed services committee — said on the floor Tuesday. "Both the United States and Israel deserve a lot better than Jack Lew, I urge my colleagues to oppose the nomination."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-confirms-jack-lew-ambassador-israel
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Jack Lew confirmed as U.S. ambassador to Israel by Senate
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 07:47:25 pm »
I'm guessing Lew is not a Jew. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.