Author Topic: NYC opening encampment for 2,000 migrants at Floyd Bennett Field despite fire safety concerns  (Read 276 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

NYC opening encampment for 2,000 migrants at Floyd Bennett Field despite fire safety concerns
Story by Carl Campanile  •
15h

Mayor Eric Adams’ administration is forging ahead with plans to open a massive encampment to house 2,000 migrants at Brooklyn’s Floyd Bennett Field in the coming days — despite safety concerns raised by the Fire Department, The Post has learned.

The FDNY and other city agencies recently inspected the premises at the federally-owned airfield and cited a number of red flags — including that fire hydrants are far and mostly “not reliable” — in a summary report obtained by The Post.

“This is a recipe for disaster,” said Councilwoman Joann Ariola (R-Queens), after reviewing the inspection report.

“Floyd Bennett Field is a potential fire trap,” she said. “If they can’t put out a fire there in a timely manner lives will be lost — families with children.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nyc-opening-encampment-for-2-000-migrants-at-floyd-bennett-field-despite-fire-safety-concerns/ar-AA1j3j2I?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=52f6643ef8a148da8da89f2f8e10be89&ei=70
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They're just immigrants so who cares if they get incinerated, right Mayor?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson