Author Topic: JD Vance says he would not support authorizing military action in Iran  (Read 245 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 JD Vance says he would not support authorizing military action in Iran
by Lauren Sforza - 10/29/23 11:49 AM ET

Sen. J.D. Vance (R-Ohio) said Sunday he would not support military action against Iran on its own soil right now as threats continue to increase on U.S. troops in the Middle East.

CBS’s Margaret Brennan asked Vance on “Face the Nation” if he would authorize the use of force by President Biden against Iran as attacks on U.S. troops are rising in the Middle East.

“Right now, absolutely not,” Vance said. “I think that we should be trying to deescalate the situation. Of course, we need to have red lines, though. If the Iranians attack American troops, if they play —”

“They have, multiple times,” Brennan interjected.

“If they play an escalatory role in the conflict, we need to be willing to respond,” Vance continued. “They have attacked, certain militia groups have attacked and I think we’ve done the right thing, a proportionate response. If they hit us, we have to hit them back but if you’re talking about an attack on the Iranian mainland, I think that would be a significant escalation right now, it would be a mistake.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/international/4282057-jd-vance-says-he-would-not-support-authorizing-military-action-in-iran/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: JD Vance says he would not support authorizing military action in Iran
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 05:52:24 pm »
That will last until the moment Iran starts slaughtering Americans, as the pallies have done in Israel.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: