Author Topic: Islam or Israel: Which Normalizes the Killing of Women and Children?  (Read 165 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Islam or Israel: Which Normalizes the Killing of Women and Children?
10/18/2023 by Raymond Ibrahim 20 Comments

The Stream

In a recent debate between Piers Morgan and Mohamad Hijab, the former asked his Muslim guest what his reaction was to Hamas’s massacre of Israeli civilians on October 7, 2023.

“I was actually very sickened by it,” responded Hijab.  Then, in apparent anticipation of Morgan’s follow up question—whether he, Hijab, condemns Hamas—the Muslim offered what seemed to be his most prepared and rehearsed position:

And this is something I do want to put on the table, because I think it’s fair for people to know this. In our religion we do not believe, okay, as a Muslim, I am a Muslim, I do not believe in the killing of any man, woman, or children—non-combatants.  That is not despite the religious teachings; that’s because of the religious teachings. So, in terms of condemning Hamas—and just dropping straight into it—I condemn not only Hamas, but any entity, okay, wherein it has been proven that this has been done—the killing of [non]combatants.  And therein I condemn any party that does it.  Any party that kills people or strikes at people where it is more probable than not that it will hit a civilian target, I condemn them, and that’s why I condemn the IDF, because when they strike they know that it is more probable than not that they are going to hit civilian targets. They know that the majority of people that are going to be affected are civilians.

This is quite the mouthful and requires correction.

https://www.raymondibrahim.com/2023/10/18/islam-or-israel-which-normalizes-the-killing-of-women-and-children/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson