Author Topic: Venezuelans take top spot over Mexicans for illegal border crossings into the U.S.  (Read 244 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Venezuelans take top spot over Mexicans for illegal border crossings into the U.S.
By Danielle Wallace, Fox News
Published Oct. 22, 2023, 2:14 p.m. ET

According to its latest monthly report released Saturday, U.S. Customs and Border Protection recorded 218,763 encounters of people from all nationalities between ports of entry along the southwest border in September 2023, representing a 21% increase from the 181,084 illegal immigrants caught in August. 

Venezuelans were arrested 54,833 times by the Border Patrol after entering from Mexico in September, more than double from 22,090 arrests in August and well above the previous monthly high of 33,749 arrests in September 2022. For decades, Mexicans accounted for the vast majority of illegal crossings but flows shifted over the last decade to Central Americans and, more recently, to people from South America, Africa and Asia.

Mexicans were arrested 39,733 times crossing the border in September, well behind Venezuelans. Guatemalans, Hondurans and Colombians rounded out the top five.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/22/u-s-customs-and-border-protection-report-more-venezuelans-enter-u-s-illegally-than-mexicans/
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 12:28:53 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson