Author Topic: Pence Drops Out of 2024 Race  (Read 1362 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Pence Drops Out of 2024 Race
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2023, 02:30:48 pm »
Sure it was.   The objections to counting the electoral votes of Pennsylvania and Arizona were debated, voted upon, and rejected by both the House and Senate before the count was finalized, exactly as required by law.

That process was suspended during the riots but followed to the letter and completed that evening.
by a Congress elected under the same tainted emergency powers.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2023, 02:47:57 pm »
The MAGA's would not vote for him.  The non-MAGA's would not vote for him.  Pence had no Republican Primary constituency to fund and vote for his candidacy.

////00000////

Pence does have a career as a battered wife on the LifeTime Movies of the Week.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2023, 03:00:05 pm »
by a Congress elected under the same tainted emergency powers.

Considering the overwhelming margin of the votes to reject both challenges, that didn't make a damn bit of difference.  Even the newly-elected GOP House majority rejected those challenges by massive margins.

Point is, the debates and votes did actually happen.

Both Houses adjourned during the riots, and there were some early reports that the objections would not be heard.  I think that rumor made some folks go ballistic, and they must have turned off their TVs or had stopped paying attention by the time Congress reconvened in the early evening.

But the reality is that Congress did reconvene, and did end up hearing the objections as required by law despite early rumors to the contrary.  It was literally on live TV, the recorded votes are out there.

I mean, consider that our newly-elected House Speaker is being attacked as one of the people who voted to uphold election objections.  How could he be attacked for voting not to certify those electors if those votes never occured??

« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 05:07:18 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2023, 03:06:34 pm »
The MAGA's would not vote for him.  The non-MAGA's would not vote for him.  Pence had no Republican Primary constituency to fund and vote for his candidacy.

////00000////

Pence does have a career as a battered wife on the LifeTime Movies of the Week.

That's about it.