Author Topic: Biden approval sinks to 37%, down 11 points with Democrats: poll  (Read 221 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden approval sinks to 37%, down 11 points with Democrats: poll

While Gallup did not question respondents on specific issues, the survey publication contextualized the decline within the ongoing Israel-Hamas conflict, noting that Biden had prompted criticisms from Democrats for closely aligning with Israel.

By Ben Whedon
Published: October 27, 2023 5:47pm

President Joe Biden's approval rating has dipped below the 40% mark in a recent survey, with even Democrats giving the commander-in-chief lower marks.

Overall, Biden earned a 37% approval rating in the October iteration of the Gallup survey. That figure marked a four-point drop from the same survey in September.

While 35% of independents and 5% of Republicans approved of Biden, he retained strong support among Democrats, 75% of whom approved. In September, however, Democrats backed him at a rate of 86%. The 11% drop was the largest of any party affiliation month over month, and propelled Biden to the worst score among members of his own party thus far.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/biden-approval-sinks-37-down-11-points-democrats-poll
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Biden approval sinks to 37%, down 11 points with Democrats: poll
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2023, 04:30:51 pm »
Not to worry.  Joe is now a wartime president.  Him giving a few more primetime addresses mentioning how he consulted with Golda Meir during the 1967 7 Day war is sure to give him a double digit bump in his poll numbers. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Biden approval sinks to 37%, down 11 points with Democrats: poll
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2023, 04:41:03 pm »
It's just a measure of how many extra ballots have to be printed up for the next election.
Gotta keep the point spread somewhere credible and still be able to rig it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis