Author Topic: Video: New House Speaker Mike Johnson’s Surprising Response on Additional Assistance for Ukraine  (Read 352 times)

Offline American Girl

It’s all that it takes, a little power and then they dive deep into the swamp. Check his bank accounts.

Does he also have kids with businesses in Ukraine from which to launder money to himself?

https://www.rightjournalism.com/video-new-house-speaker-mike-johnsons-surprising-response-on-additional-assistance-for-ukraine/

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Good for him!  Deterring Russian aggression and continuing to destroy the Russian war machine without the loss of a single American life will always be a bargain.

Offline libertybele

Darn it!   Johnson said that he now he supports additional assistance for Ukraine.

Well, I was hopeful .... it's unfortunately, going to be the same old b.s.

I've lost all hope that he is going to turn things around fiscally and included in that I'm almost certain that no $$ or very little $$ will be put towards border security.

Now I'm thinking that he made 'deals' prior to getting the unanimous votes.

9999hair out0000 888mouth
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 12:52:34 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Absolutely concerning -- to me, he's already lost credibility!

JD Vance says Mike Johnson's flip-flop on Ukraine is 'concerning'

Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH) criticized the most recent stance of newly elected House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) regarding Ukraine.

Johnson appeared on Hannity Thursday to give a strong statement of support for Ukraine and against Russian President Vladimir Putin, who launched an invasion into the neighboring country over a year ago.

“We can’t allow Putin to prevail in Ukraine because I don’t believe it would stop there. And it would probably encourage and empower China to perhaps make a move on Taiwan," Johnson said during the television interview. "We’re not going to abandon them.”

This was Johnson's first prime-time interview since being elected speaker earlier this week, and it subsequently drew a lot of attention. Vance responded to the quote on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, the next day.

"To his great credit, the new speaker has been a stalwart on the Ukraine issue — voting consistently against an endless conflict with no plan from the Biden administration," Vance posted. "It’s concerning to see him change his tune so quickly after being elevated to this role."

In fact, Johnson's voting record surrounding foreign aid has earned him a grade of "F" from the group Republicans for Ukraine. However, his statements on the matter have fluctuated over time. ...............

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jd-vance-says-mike-johnson-s-flip-flop-on-ukraine-is-concerning/ar-AA1iYvMu?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=ec248d394d004ecbb9f7c9dc1cd6edec&ei=36

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.