Author Topic: Biden Challenger Dean Phillips: Dems Need to Focus on Future  (Read 745 times)

Offline mountaineer

Biden Challenger Dean Phillips: Dems Need to Focus on Future
« on: October 27, 2023, 06:56:42 pm »
Biden Challenger Phillips: Dems Need to Focus on Future
Friday, 27 October 2023 01:02 PM EDT
NEWSMAX
For months, Dean Phillips has been calling for a Democratic primary challenge to President Joe Biden. He's drawn no public interest from governors, lawmakers, and other would-be alternatives.

The 54-year-old Minnesota congressman is finally entering the race himself, telling a Friday event outside New Hampshire's statehouse, “I am today announcing my candidacy for the presidency of the United States of America.”

Phillips, one of Congress' wealthiest members, has been effusive in his praise for Biden but also says their party needs younger voices to avoid a nightmare scenario where Donald Trump is reelected next fall.

While Phillips is highly unlikely to beat Biden, a run would offer a symbolic challenge to national Democrats trying to project the idea that there is no reason to doubt the president's electability — even as many Americans question whether the 80-year-old Biden should serve another term. ...

There are no primary debates scheduled, according to the DNC. The only other Democrat running in the 2024 primary is self-help author Marianne Williamson. Anti-vaccine activist Robert Kennedy Jr. announced this month that he’s running as an independent. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Re: Biden Challenger Dean Phillips: Dems Need to Focus on Future
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 08:44:42 pm »
Bart Marcois
@bmarcois
Dean Phillips called delusional by fellow Democrats for saying he’ll run against Biden. Sources say he may back down before his proposed announcement. Stay away from any train tracks, Dean. And #EpsteinDidntKillHimself
10:34 PM · Oct 22, 2023

This Democrat Is Ready to Thrown His Hat Into the 2024 Race Against Biden
Sarah Arnold
October 21, 2023 2:00 PM

Rep. Dean Phillips (D-MN) is signaling he's running against President Joe Biden as Democrats call his presidential aspirations "delusional."

According to a POLITICO report, an announcement from Phillips can come as early as next week, specifically on October 27, in Concord, New Hampshire.  ...
Townhall

Still haven't heard how he differs from Biden, policywise.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 08:55:05 pm »
 ////00000////

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 09:44:51 pm »
Dean Phillips’s pointless primary against Joe Biden
by Christopher Tremoglie, Commentary Writer
October 27, 2023 08:00 AM
It may be one of the most desperate cries for attention in contemporary United States politics. Yet, Rep. Dean Phillips (D-MN) announced he was challenging President Joe Biden for the Democratic nomination in the 2024 presidential election. The relatively unknown Democrat announced his intent to run on Thursday night.

“I am. I have to. I think President Biden has done a spectacular job for our country. But it’s not about the past. This is an election about the future,” Phillips said about his decision to run. “I will not sit still; I will not be quiet in the face of numbers that are so clearly saying that we’re going to be facing an emergency next November.”

Phillips isn't even officially a candidate yet (it is believed he will file in Concord, New Hampshire), and, like a true Democrat, he's already being dishonest with the American people.

No, he doesn’t “have to” run. Most people have never even heard of him. Moreover, his statement is as illogical as his decision to announce a campaign. How and why would one decide to run for president if that person thought the incumbent was doing a “spectacular job” in office? This doesn’t make any sense.

The former CEO and president of his family liquor business, Phillips Distilling Company, the congressman from Minnesota has an affluent background and is considered one of the wealthiest members of Congress, as the Washington Examiner reported. Despite his vast finances, Phillips is not going to be the Democratic nominee. It is absurd for him to run, let alone announce his candidacy, with only a few days left in October.  ...
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/dean-phillipss-pointless-primary-against-joe-biden

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2023, 01:08:03 am »
   According to the Latest Gallup Poll 44% of Voters are registered Independents. 
   IMHO, RFK jr will take more crucial votes from Trump than biteme in all Battleground States, especially Pennsylvania, where biteme claims he's from.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2023, 06:02:44 pm »
House Democrat Dean Phillips launches primary challenge against President Biden

Minnesota Rep. Dean Phillips formally launched his presidential campaign Friday and filed to run in New Hampshire’s Democratic primary, kicking off his long-shot challenge to President Joe Biden.

Surrounded by a small crowd of supporters, staff and curious bystanders outside the New Hampshire State House in Concord, Phillips reiterated his call for a new generation of Democratic leaders.

“I am running for the Democratic nomination for president of the United States because, my friends, it is time for a change,” the third-term congressman said. “And I am ready to lead our great nation to a secure and a more prosperous future.”

In an earlier interview in Concord, aboard his campaign bus, Phillips said he felt compelled to challenge Biden – whom he called a “terrific president” – over his concerns that the incumbent would lose a general election rematch against former President Donald Trump. The congressman said he tried to encourage Biden to pass the torch and to convince other Democratic candidates to run in the primary. When those efforts failed, he entered the race himself.

“This was not about me,” Phillips told CNN. “But my inability to attract other candidates, to inspire the president to recognize that it is time, compels me to serve my country because it appears that President Joe Biden is going to lose the next election.”

For months, Phillips, who recently left his House Democratic leadership position in the face of intraparty frustration over his calls for a Biden alternative, has argued that the president would be a weak general election candidate due to his age and low approval ratings. But his campaign launch comes as Democrats are seeking to unify around Biden, fend off spoiler independent candidates and lay out the administration’s accomplishments to voters. Biden allies have described talk of Phillips run.............

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/26/politics/dean-phillips-presidential-campaign-launch/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2023, 06:20:51 pm »
It will be interesting to see if Brandon debates him.  I don't think Joe is going to be able to hid in his basement against him.

Dean Phillips on the issues:

https://www.ontheissues.org/house/Dean_Phillips.htm

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2023, 06:45:49 pm »

Offline Mod2

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2023, 06:46:44 pm »
Threads merged

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2023, 07:00:31 pm »
   IMHO, RFK jr will take more crucial votes from Trump than biteme in all Battleground States, especially Pennsylvania, where biteme claims he's from.

44% is quite a large number but the two-party system is set up so that it will be extremely difficult if not impossible for a 3rd party to run.  Many people won't vote 3rd party for that reason.

RFK Jr., is creating some upheaval; more so from the Trump camp.

Donald Trump Jr. goes after Robert F. Kennedy Jr. in Iowa appearance

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/donald-trump-jr-goes-robert-f-kennedy-jr-iowa-appearance-rcna122421

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2023, 08:36:38 pm »
Weak, obscure challenge to Biden sets off Democratic war
by Byron York, Chief Political Correspondent
October 27, 2023 04:36 PM

Have you heard of Rep. Dean Phillips (D-MN)? Most people haven't. He is a Democratic member of Congress from Minnesota's 3rd District, which includes the suburbs around Minneapolis. Fifty-four years old, he has been in office since January 2019. He has not done anything particularly remarkable in that time, although he is usually listed as one of the 25 wealthiest members of Congress, mostly from investments of family money.

Now he is running for president, declaring his candidacy today in New Hampshire. That is newsworthy because Phillips is a Democrat challenging Democratic President Joe Biden. It's also newsworthy because Phillips appears to agree with Biden about almost everything. Phillips voted with the Biden position 100% of the time from the president's inauguration through the end of 2022, according to FiveThirtyEight's vote tracker.

Nevertheless, Phillips said something about Biden's presidency is not working. "We, America's exhausted majority, know that something has gone terribly wrong," Phillips said in his announcement speech. He worries about government debt. He worries about people living paycheck to paycheck. He worries about gun violence, healthcare, crime, mental health, the border, and inflation (Phillips wants to "Make America Affordable Again"). He says he can win the 2024 election — he doesn't believe Biden can — and that "it's time for the torch to be passed to a new generation of American leaders." ... Washington Examiner

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2023, 08:57:00 pm »

Probably not ....RFK Jr's yet to face the guns of opposition. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2023, 11:20:03 pm »
Dem Presidential Candidate Dean Phillips Says ‘It’s Delusional’ To Think Biden Can Beat Trump
Harold Hutchison
November 25, 2023 4:19 PM ET
Daily Caller

Democratic Rep. Dean Phillips of Minnesota said in a tweet Saturday that claims that President Joe Biden could defeat former President Donald Trump were “delusional.”

Phillips cited Biden’s declining poll numbers, sharing a report by Politico in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter, Saturday morning. Trump led Biden in polls by NBC News, Quinnipiac, Fox News and Morning Consult.

“As a member of House Democratic Leadership, I supported and promoted the Biden agenda,” Phillips posted. “I campaigned for him, voted for him, and respect him. But how can anyone read this and conclude he’s positioned to defeat Donald Trump?” ...
https://dailycaller.com/2023/11/25/dean-phillips-biden-trump-delusional/