Author Topic: Ten more statistics to ruin your day  (Read 343 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ten more statistics to ruin your day
« on: October 27, 2023, 03:19:05 pm »
October 27, 2023
Ten more statistics to ruin your day
By Gideon Isaac

Just in case you're feeling too cheerful, here are ten more statistics to make you consider emigrating to Mars:

1. Paul Bond quotes a poll by the Barna Group: "Nearly 40 Percent of U.S. Gen Zs, 30 Percent of Young Christians Identify as LGBTQ, Poll Shows." (The Gallup Poll shows considerably less) However, Heather McDonald writes in City Journal that: "The number of trans-identifying students is rising exponentially, leading to majorities in the student bodies of the most progressive schools. This rise is without any historical precedent. It is proof of social contagion, not of a preexisting biological reality."

2. We read in Breitbart that a poll shows that a majority of Americans aged 18-24 say the Hamas massacre of Israeli civilians was ‘justified.’ Note, this is not because they don't know what Hamas did:"62 percent of that same group say that the attacks were “genocidal,” …and 51 percent said it was still justified." This doesn't seem fair to me. If you or I go and murder, or decapitate, or burn people alive, we would not get a pass. But Hamas is about 'decolonization', bursting out of an 'open air prison,' paragliding to annihilate people you don’t like -- so that’s justice!

3. A friend of mine moved to Arizona years ago to escape New York taxes. Though that state is overly hot six months of the year, he liked the place. Now, he says, the highway exit ramps are filled with homeless, and statistics back up his observation: from January 2020 to December 2021, the number of homeless in AZ is estimated to have increased by nearly 30 percent. The National Alliance to End Homelessness says that homelessness rates have been climbing nationally by about 6% every year since 2017. Homeless encampments are growing across the country.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/10/ten_more_statistics_to_ruin_your_day.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Ten more statistics to ruin your day
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 04:19:32 pm »
I won't let my day be ruined.  The day is mine, and no one has the right to ruin it for me.

I saw a Monarch Butterfly on my Tithonias.  Praying Mantis are sunning themselves on home's window screens.  All is well.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 09:40:51 pm »
I won't let my day be ruined.  The day is mine, and no one has the right to ruin it for me.

I saw a Monarch Butterfly on my Tithonias.  Praying Mantis are sunning themselves on home's window screens.  All is well.

I hear ya.  This day is mine.

My vanda orchid is in bloom; I have six beautiful deep purple flowers and 2 more ready to pop open.  My tea roses are in bloom as well. I had fun filling a 'box of joy' for Christmas today for a 10-14 year old boy.  It's difficult to put much in a shoe box sized box, but I managed to fill it with  a Lego hot rod car set, a blue medium sized t-shirt, a deck of playing cards, an inflatable ball and a couple packages of tic-tacs.

I finally finished repainting the rocks that I have collected over the past couple of years (around 100); some I painted and she painted and we decided to keep them instead of putting them in the parks. My daughter clear coated them all for me (I'm not good with the spray paint).  I spread them out in the front gardens.

I'm enjoying life as much as I can, while I can -- it's the little enjoyable things in life that make for a good day.

Oh, and the darn squirrels are still eating the birdseed, but the cardinals are finally starting to arrive.  All is well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2023, 10:04:06 pm »
I hear ya.  This day is mine.

My vanda orchid is in bloom; I have six beautiful deep purple flowers and 2 more ready to pop open.  My tea roses are in bloom as well. I had fun filling a 'box of joy' for Christmas today for a 10-14 year old boy.  It's difficult to put much in a shoe box sized box, but I managed to fill it with  a Lego hot rod car set, a blue medium sized t-shirt, a deck of playing cards, an inflatable ball and a couple packages of tic-tacs.

I finally finished repainting the rocks that I have collected over the past couple of years (around 100); some I painted and she painted and we decided to keep them instead of putting them in the parks. My daughter clear coated them all for me (I'm not good with the spray paint).  I spread them out in the front gardens.

I'm enjoying life as much as I can, while I can -- it's the little enjoyable things in life that make for a good day.

Oh, and the darn squirrels are still eating the birdseed, but the cardinals are finally starting to arrive.  All is well.

I think the things that are the most precious are the "small" ones. In actuality those are the things that make the world go 'round.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2023, 10:06:25 pm »

I think the things that are the most precious are the "small" ones. In actuality those are the things that make the world go 'round.

Amen.  happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2023, 10:10:38 pm »

:beer: :yowsa:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2023, 10:33:29 pm »
From the article:
"A friend of mine moved to Arizona years ago to escape New York taxes. Though that state is overly hot six months of the year, he liked the place. Now, he says, the highway exit ramps are filled with homeless, and statistics back up his observation: from January 2020 to December 2021, the number of homeless in AZ is estimated to have increased by nearly 30 percent."

A number of years ago, when I first was a member here, another member from California (who wanted to get out of CA, no names will be mentioned) was wondering where to go.

He decided on Arizona.

I told him (back then) that that was a mistake, that AZ wasn't going to remain a desirable destination for conservatives any longer with what was coming in the future.

I said to look "northeast", as in Utah, Wyoming, etc.
But he moved there anyway.

Wonder if he's having second thoughts now?