Author Topic: Hunting Drones With Drones  (Read 171 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hunting Drones With Drones
« on: October 27, 2023, 04:06:40 pm »
Hunting Drones With Drones
10/26/2023
By Laura Heckmann   

HUNTSVILLE, Alabama — The proliferation of drones, both foreign and domestic, has triggered a necessity for creative means to counter unmanned aerial systems, and one tech company is bringing a drone to the drone fight.

Fortem Technologies, a Utah-based airspace security and defense company, has developed a net-slinging drone interceptor called the DroneHunter F700, a fully autonomous, radar-guided counter-UAS weapon built to stop Group 1 and large Group 2 drones.

The drones literally net their targets using NetGuns — modular attachments that fire rapidly expanding nets to ensnare targets. The drones can carry three types of nets aimed at different target sizes, Adam Robertson, chief technology officer and co-founder of Fortem Technologies, said at the National Defense Industrial Association’s FUZE/FFC/DEMIL conference in September.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2023/10/26/hunting-drones-with-drones
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson