Author Topic: WATCH: Jamaal Bowman Turns Himself In, Pleads Guilty While Doubling Down...updated  (Read 379 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 02:07:08 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: WATCH: Jamaal Bowman Turns Himself In, Pleads Guilty While Doubling Down
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2023, 04:15:39 pm »
Jamaal Bowman criminally charged in Capitol Hill fire alarm incident
Rep Jamaal Bowman faces a criminal charge in the Capitol Hill fire alarm incident
Adam Sabes By Adam Sabes , Kelly Phares Fox News
Published October 25, 2023 4:55pm EDT | Updated October 25, 2023 5:23pm EDT

Rep. Bowman caused panic, wasted resources by pulling fire alarm, retired deputy sheriff says
Retired Deputy Sheriff Joy Farrow co-authored ‘Street Smart Safety for Women.’

Rep. Jamaal Bowman, D-N.Y., has been charged for allegedly pulling a fire alarm in a House of Representatives building ahead of a critical vote last month to avert a government shutdown.

Bowman was charged with falsely pulling a fire alarm Wednesday afternoon, and his arraignment is scheduled for Thursday morning.

An arrest warrant filed by U.S. Capitol Police Supervisory Special Agent Joseph McAtee says police were notified on Sept. 30 at 12:05 p.m. that a fire alarm had been pulled inside the Cannon House Office Building on the second floor.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jamaal-bowman-criminally-charged-capitol-hill-fire-alarm-incident
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: WATCH: Jamaal Bowman Turns Himself In, Pleads Guilty While Doubling Down
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2023, 04:17:08 pm »
I'll bet Biden's pardon was on his attorney's desk before he was even charged.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New Footage Throws Wrench Into Defense Of Dem Rep Who Pulled Capitol Fire Alarm

Harold Hutchison
Reporter
October 26, 2023 4:49 PM ET

New video footage posted on social media Thursday contradicts claims by Democratic Rep. Jamaal Bowman of New York about why he pulled a fire alarm.

Bowman pleaded guilty Thursday to a misdemeanor charge stemming from a Sept. 30 incident where he pulled a fire alarm in the Cannon House Office Building. Bowman claimed in a statement released shortly after the incident that he was trying to open the door and got confused, but footage posted on Twitter by Spectrum News NY1 Washington Correspondent Kevin Frey shows Bowman taking down the emergency exit signs.

“Today as I was rushing to make a vote, I came to a door that is usually open for votes but today would not open,” Bowman said in the September statement. “I am embarrassed to admit that I activated the fire alarm, mistakenly thinking it would open the door. I regret this and sincerely apologize for any confusion this caused.”

WATCH:

https://twitter.com/KevinFreyTV/status/1717621065378054272

The 30-second video posted by Frey shows Bowman removing signs from the door, pulling the fire alarm and walking away while holding the signs. Bowman did not appear to make any effort to open the doors in the video.

“I was trying to get out the door. I was rushing to a vote,” Bowman told reporters Thursday, according to ABC News. “I’m thankful that we have an agreement in place, and I’m thankful that in three months it’s going to be dismissed. And now let’s move on.”

Bowman’s office circulated talking points to fellow Democrats that described some Republican members of the House of Representatives as “Nazis” after receiving criticism for pulling the fire alarm

Republican Michigan Rep. Lisa McClain introduced a resolution to censure Bowman over the incident on Wednesday. The Foundation for Accountability and Civic Trust accused Bowman of violating ethics rules by pulling the alarm in a complaint filed Oct. 13 with the Office of Congressional Ethics.

Bowman did not immediately respond to a request for comment from the Daily Caller News Foundation.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/10/26/new-footage-wrench-defense-dem-rep-pulled-capitol-fire-alarm/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Polly Ticks

Meh, nobody believed that stupid story, anyway.  Having video evidence doesn't change anything.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Jamaal Bowman is lucky the firemen didn't beat him with fire hoses for pulling a false alarm.

Firefighters don't F around with fire alarms.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

Gregg Re
@gregg_re
Uhh..the sworn affidavit of Capitol Police officer Joseph McAtee OMITS any reference to Jamaal Bowman **tearing the emergency signs off the door** before pulling the fire alarm.

The affidavit also makes clear that Bowman lied in his interview with McAtee.

US Capitol Police committed a fraud on the court. Bowman's deferred prosecution agreement needs to be torn up and he must face additional charges.

11:38 AM · Oct 27, 2023
This seems to be s.o.p. with the Capitol Police.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org