Author Topic: House Lawmaker Wants Full Accounting of US Arms Stockpiled for Israel  (Read 343 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
House Lawmaker Wants Full Accounting of US Arms Stockpiled for Israel

A House lawmaker is pressing the Pentagon to disclose how much ammunition is left in a regional strategic reserve earmarked for Israel, citing concerns the stockpile may be running low after the Biden administration used it to support the war effort in Ukraine.

The United States maintains several War Reserve Stocks for Allies, including one dedicated to Israel (WRSA-I), which are used to arm America’s partners in times of crisis. With Israel facing down Hamas, Rep. Chip Roy (R., Texas) is asking the Pentagon to provide information about the stockpile’s current inventory. U.S. arms supplies have been running "dangerously low," according to American military officials, and Congress is working to ensure both Israel and Ukraine have the munitions they need to defeat an axis of malign regimes that includes Russia and the Iran-backed Hamas terror group.

"As Congress is slated to consider legislation in support of Israel’s defense, it is important for Congress to be fully informed as to what munitions are available in WRSA-I and the extent to which the Biden administration has depleted this stockpile to support Ukraine’s war effort," Roy wrote in a letter sent Thursday to the Pentagon and obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

The Biden administration "transferred hundreds of thousands of 155 mm artillery shells" from Israel’s stockpile and provided it to Ukraine as that country faces down a prolonged attack from Moscow. Israel’s arms silo was used prior to the breakout of hostilities with Hamas, and was likely tapped as the United States works to keep critical arms deliveries to Ukraine on pace. With the United States supporting both countries’ war efforts, Congress needs to know if any weapon reserves are running low so they can replenish them, allowing Ukraine and Israel to fully confront their enemies.

"The United States stores mission-essential defense articles in WRSA-I that the administration can make rapidly available for Israel in emergencies," Roy notes in his letter. "Israel has tapped into this American stockpile on at least two occasions, and it serves as insurance to support Israel’s ability to defend itself during armed conflicts.".............

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/house-lawmaker-wants-full-accounting-of-us-arms-stockpiled-for-israel/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: House Lawmaker Wants Full Accounting of US Arms Stockpiled for Israel
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 01:45:26 am »
??? Any plans to ramp up our production????
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DB

Re: House Lawmaker Wants Full Accounting of US Arms Stockpiled for Israel
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 02:44:08 am »
I'm still not buying that we are "running out" of ammo.

I think is a sales pitch to get more money into the DOD.