Author Topic: 19 U.S. troops diagnosed with traumatic brain injury following attacks in Iraq and Syria  (Read 226 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
19 U.S. troops diagnosed with traumatic brain injury following attacks in Iraq and Syria
Overall, 21 troops have reported minor injuries as a result of the Iran-backed attacks on U.S. positions in Iraq and Syria.

By LARA SELIGMAN

10/25/2023 12:34 PM EDT

Updated: 10/26/2023 11:18 AM EDT

Nineteen American service members stationed in Iraq and Syria have been diagnosed with traumatic brain injury after rocket and drone attacks from Iran-backed militants last week, according to a Defense Department official.

Fifteen troops at Al Tanf garrison in Syria and four at Al Asad air base in Iraq were diagnosed with the injury, the official said on Thursday. Two additional service members at Al Tanf sustained other minor injuries, the official said, and all have returned to duty.

The official was granted anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly.

The news comes a day after the Pentagon announced that 21 service members had received minor injuries during the attacks on Oct. 17 and 18. Iran-backed groups have launched a number of additional attacks on U.S. positions in Iraq and Syria over the past week, but none has resulted in additional injuries to service members.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/10/25/several-u-s-troops-report-brain-injury-from-attacks-in-iraq-and-syria-00123485
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If we're not going tocarpet bomb Tehran, we should at least use espionage resources to sabotage critical components of command, control, logistics, and economic infrastructure.

Doing nothing will only embolden Iran and its proxies.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright