Author Topic: Biden weighs striking Iranian proxies after attacks on U.S. troops  (Read 222 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Biden weighs striking Iranian proxies after attacks on U.S. troops
© Demetrius Freeman/The Washington Post

President Biden faces mounting pressure to strike Iranian proxies that have repeatedly attacked — and injured — U.S. troops in Iraq and Syria this month, but he is weighing any decision to retaliate against his broader concern that the war in Gaza could be on the precipice of erupting into a regionwide tempest, according to U.S. officials and others familiar with the administration’s deliberations.

Biden said Wednesday that he warned Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Iran’s supreme leader, that if Tehran continues to “move against” U.S. forces in the Middle East, “we will respond.”

The president’s disclosure, delivered while standing beside Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese in the White House Rose Garden, followed reports that nearly two dozen American troops were hurt within the last eight days after 14 or more aerial assaults on their bases in Iraq and Syria. An additional attack was recorded Wednesday, after three rockets were launched at a U.S. outpost in northeast Syria and one landed inside, a defense official said. No one was reported injured.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/biden-weighs-striking-iranian-proxies-after-attacks-on-u-s-troops/ar-AA1iR8sy?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0746291904a746139753bf026917c6e3&ei=29
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Biden weighs striking Iranian proxies after attacks on U.S. troops
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2023, 11:38:48 am »
if anything is done, it will be inspite of, not because of Biden.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson