Author Topic: MUST SEE: Matt Gaetz Reveals the Dirty Details Behind the Republican Old Guard’s Attempt to Derail M  (Read 272 times)

Offline bilo

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/10/must-see-matt-gaetz-gives-dirty-details-behind/

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) joined the War Room with Steve Bannon on Wednesday morning following the voting last evening for the next Republican Speaker-designate.

During their conversation Matt Gaetz revealed the devious actions of the Old Guard Republicans in their attempts to derail Mike Johnson’s vote.

According to Matt Gaetz, Kevin McCarthy was hiding in the background actively working to sabotage the candidates who were running to replace him.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Kevin McCarthy stands up and says, I object to doing a roll call on Mike Johnson. And Mike Johnson was exasperated. All the times Johnson had voted for McCarthy, had carried his water, maybe even voted for some bills he didn’t like because he was working toward the Republican conference’s stated objectives under McCarthy. And here was the thing — It showed everyone that it was actually McCarthy who was working to knife Scalise. It was actually McCarthy who was working to knife Jim Jordan. It was McCarthy working to knife everyone, and he hadn’t yet figured out a way to knife Mike Johnson. And so he was worried that there was going to be this great unifying moment, and he scuttled the unifying moment.

I know some of the old bull Establishment Loyalists here are going to deny it because it's the arch enemy Gaetz saying it but it sure sounds true to me. The problem all along has been McCarthy.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Every other report that has come out has said that it was Freedom Caucus members who stood up and said they'd never vote for Scalise, and the names published of those who voted against Emmer also were overwhelmingly Freedom Caucus members.  If it was actually moderates who were voting against the moderate speaker nominees, that would have been blasted everywhere.

This is just Gaetz continuing his personal vendetta against McCarthy. I would not doubt if McCarthy worked behind the scenes against Jordan, And maybe even against Johnson given that there were 40 something votes from McCarthy.  But Scalise and Emmer are not credible because we know the people who voted against them were not tools of McCarthy.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 04:58:28 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »