Author Topic: Army Air Defense Units Deploying from Three Bases After Drone Attacks  (Read 190 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army Air Defense Units Deploying from Three Bases After Drone Attacks
by ADC | Oct 25, 2023 | Congress/DoD, Israel-Hamas, On Base

Army air defense units from Fort Bliss, Texas, Fort Liberty, North Carolina and Fort Sill, Oklahoma are deploying to the Middle East, the Pentagon announced Tuesday.

The move comes amid the Israel-Hamas war and drone strikes on U.S. troops in Iraq and Syria. Two dozen American military personnel were injured in the drone strikes last week, NBC News reported.

“We are posturing additional forces in the region for two reasons,” Pentagon Press Secretary Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder told reporters Tuesday. “One, again, to bolster our broader regional deterrence efforts. And two, to send a clear message that we will protect our forces. We will always maintain the inherent right of self-defense.”

https://defensecommunities.org/2023/10/army-air-defense-units-deploying-from-three-bases-after-drone-attacks/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson