Author Topic: $1.3B in Army vehicle parts were stored outside or in other risky ways, report finds  (Read 205 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
$1.3B in Army vehicle parts were stored outside or in other risky ways, report finds
That’s more than half of the engines, transmissions, and other Ground Combat Systems parts entrusted to the Defense Logistics Agency.
SAM SKOVE | OCTOBER 18, 2023
ARMY LOGISTICS

A Pentagon logistics program improperly stored $1.8 billion worth of repair parts for Army tanks and armored vehicles, including storing hundreds of thousands of parts outside, according to a report issued this week.

The Defense Logistic Agency, or DLA, stored 2.17 million Army Ground Combat Systems repair parts and components as of July 2022, with a total worth of $3.8 billion. Repair parts include engines and transmissions for tanks and armored vehicles.

Of these, 67 percent, or $1.3 billion worth of goods, were stored in ways that had “critical” deficiencies, according to storage guidelines under the Care of Supplies in Storage regulations. Equipment stored with critical deficiencies includes equipment that is deteriorating and may need to be repaired before being issued.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2023/10/13b-army-vehicle-parts-were-stored-outside-or-other-risky-ways-report-finds/391313/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson